1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Seat Position - Save and Reset options

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by J93653017, Nov 27, 2020.

1. J93653017

J93653017 New Member

We need an option to save seat positions and reset to last save and/or default seat position.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. VFX Pro

VFX Pro Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Seat and/or camera positions per car... it is frustrating to constantly have to adjust height, forward/backward and angle when trying many different cars...

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. EmilG

EmilG Member AMS2 Club Member

That's so strange because for me it saves everything per car?

4. VFX Pro

Do you have mapped buttons to move seat forward and backward? Are you tilting the camera/seat up/down? The frustrating part is the inability to have clear reproducible steps.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The setting i use the most is seat up or down, before the update i could remember how much steps i went up, and could easily go back if i wanted, this comfort is gone with the continuous functioning up and down adjustment, a gauge could bring some control back.
    I now use "reference" screenshots

I'm wrong !

EDIT: I think my problem is not that big, i just tested in the Beta and indeed the settings seem to be saved per car, The only complain left, the up and down adjustments goes way to fast, so it is hard the get a precise setting.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2020
  6. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

I've tried both helmet cam (my prefered) and normal cockpit cam and neither save per car for me!
    Really annoying, seat and FFB not saving per car is very frustrating!

7. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

I’m still having this same problem, no seat or cockpit position is saving for me. I use all 8 positions including 4 seat positions forward/backward/up/down and also the 4 angle positions. So frustrating that I’ve got to change seating positions every time I drive and change car then go back to a car I’ve previously set and then have to do it all again. Did you find a solution?

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. 2ndLastJedi

Well sort of, it seems to save on some cars but only forward/backward, not the angle up/down. But I have noticed going back to some cars it's saved but then later it's not right again.
    What do you mean "4 angles"? I have up/down/forward/backwards/angle up/angle down. So 6 positions with 2 being angles?

9. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Yeh only up/down/forward/backwards works for me but it’s not good enough as I like to also change the angles to get the cockpit perfect for my personal preference and my particular rig set up. So frustrating having to change angles all the time but other people don’t have to and seems to work fine for them. I’ve circled the 8 settings in the pic, including the 4 angle ones.

Attached Files:

10. Richard Chapman

Richard Chapman Member

Is this maybe a problem with some sort of setting in the AMS2 documents folder? I’m not the best with PC’s so wouldn’t have a clue, but maybe something in one of the files is stopping the seating positions from saving. I don’t think it’s anything to do with an in game setting but I could be wrong. Would like to know why it’s working for some people and not for others.

11. 2ndLastJedi

Oh okay, those last two are FOV not seat movement so you shouldn't need to touch them once set ;)

• Like Like x 1
  12. VFX Pro

In the last build, they increase the seat settings to 100 car instead of 20... that would explain why it was hard to nail this problem and make it appear as if it was random.