1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Selecting which monitor to start AMS2 on

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Viperion_NZ, Apr 2, 2020.

1. Viperion_NZ

Viperion_NZ New Member

Hey folks,

Bought AMS2 yesterday and having a good time trying out all the cars and tracks; but I have a question regarding starting the game up on a specific monitor.

I have three screens, but they're all different sizes and I don't use them for triple screen racing. My biggest screen, that I race on, is screen number 3 according to Windows.

AMS2 always starts on Screen 1. Is there some way - either in options, or an .ini file, or some other way - to get AMS2 to start on Screen 3? Here are some options:

• On RRRE there is an option in the Video configs to specify which monitor the game runs on
    • On ACC (and PCars2) there is no such option, but I can use Windows+Shift+RightArrow to move the game to the correct monitor after I launch it. In ACC's case I can do this any time, in PCars2 for whatever reason I have to do it while the game is loading, before the main menu screen comes up. In AMS2 this doesn't work
    • I can run the game in Windowed mode and drag the window over to the correct monitor, but this means leaving the window Title Bar visible (and running in Windowed mode has its own problems anyway
    • I do not want to temporarily make Screen 3 into Screen 1 every time I want to run AMS2 and then switch it back for literally every other game I run. Aside from being a workaround and not an actual solution, it screws up my desktop icon placement.
    Is there a way, now or in an upcoming update, to make AMS2 start, in fullscreen mode, on a monitor other than monitor 1?

Cheers all
    Viperion

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1