1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Server stability - Racing online

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BudGie, May 25, 2023.

1. BudGie

BudGie New Member

Hi,

Just wandering whats going on with the constant disconnects lately.
    Dosnt matter whos hosting, the game constantly disconnects drivers all the time for seemingly no reason.
    I myself have had this happen multiple times, usually right at the end of the qually session, meaning you cant rejoin for the race waisting the time i put in to qully for the race in the first place.
    When im the one hosting, i see players constantly disconnected from my llobbys, and they rejoin so they did get disconnected for no reason. i asked them too and thats what they say happened.
    So whats going on, why is online racing so unstable ?
    And please, before anyone suggests its my pc, or internet, i have amazing internet over 200 down and 30 up on fibre. So its not my connection.

Another thing id like ask about, is this damn host switching, when the person hosting the server gets disconnected it switches the host to someone else.
    Lately it seems it always wants to give it to me. Id like to turn it off, so it dosnt always give it to me.
    Host switching just dosnt work most of the time.
    For some reason it defaults your lobby/race settings sometimes, and changes the lobby player count to just 1 player, and each time it switches host, it forces these settings on the new host.
    This means at this point the lobby is dead, and you cannot change this without completly closing and restarting the whole server.
    I dont understand why, if you join a lobby, your own lobby server presets, or settings are changed to the same settings as any race you join.
    No ability to save a preset for race lobbys. and no way to change some of the core settings from the server lobby pre race, so get what happens as i mentioned aboe with the 1player bug sometimes.

I heard from another player there was an overhaul coming for online play, the way it all looks ect, but i didnt see anything about it. Its why i held off posting about these issues.
    After a couple of months playing, these things are happening all night long everynight, and it makes me not want to play, and im sure there are many others who simply would go play something else, instead of getting frustrated over getting constantly disconnected from races and unable to rejoin for the race.

Thanks for reading, and thanks for any feedback.