Shifting sound volume in surround sound very low

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Alex72, Oct 8, 2017.

1. Alex72

Alex72 New Member

Hello guys!

With the new "surround" option for audio (great!) im using surround headphones, but i noticed the shifting sound volume is very very low in this mode. Almost like its outside of the volume range. Is it possible to change this volume by myself somehow? If not, could you please, please, look into raising the volume in this mode or maybe before you finish AMS to add a volume slider for it? I love that we can hear so nice shifting sounds in AMS and with surround headphones, for me at least, it sounds not so nice when its almost completely quiet between the gears. Some cars sound a little more but not as with stereo, and most cars i tested so far is very quiet in surround. Shifting sounds in AMS is something i was always aware of before because i love hearing it.

Thank you! :)

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Pls check your settings, if some upmix or some additional processing is turned on. Shift sounds work correctly in surround / headphone suround in our testing.
    What headphones you use, make model?
    Is it virtual or discrete surround ones?

3. Alex72

Alex72 New Member

Its HyperX Cloud2 headphones with virtual 7.1. There isnt really much settings other than turning surround on. Im not running them through anything other than purely through the headphones. Works great in all other games. Just seems to be the shifting sound that is really low volume for me in AMS.

Maybe i should test running AMS on stereo but use the virtual surround on the headphones? Not sure if that would be something that works. If cars etc get surround sound that way. Might be worth a test.