1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sigma LMP2 gearing issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by WoodyLizard, Dec 7, 2022.

1. WoodyLizard

WoodyLizard New Member

I have been doing initial testing for my groups Daytona 24 for next year and have noticed that the Sigma P1 (LMP2) car has no gear adjustments that make it uncompetitive to the MRX Duratec Turbo P2 car that does have gear adjustments to stop redlining along the long straights of Daytona.

Example, with gear adjustment to the MRX it can get excess of 262kph compared to the 250kph redline max speed of the Sigma.

Has this already been noted by Reiza and going to change to allow both cars compete together?

As we are looking at running the DPi, LMP2 and GT3 for our Daytona 2.4 next year, but at this stage with the LMP2 issues LMP1 works well and may just need to replace the LMP2 class if gearing is not sorted before then.

2. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

They're not LMP2, they're P2 running in the Brazilian endurance races, they have nothing to do with the European LMP classes. LMP2 are basically the same as DPi.

That being said, from my own experience racing at Daytona, the DPi, P1 and GT3 (or GTE) work very well together. The P1 are about as fast as the Gt classes on the straights, but have way more grip through the corners, where the P2 are generally slower than the GT classes, so maybe consider going for the P1 anyways.

• Like Like x 2
  3. WoodyLizard

WoodyLizard New Member

Thanks for the reply Gevatter.
    I think it would still be nice to be able to change the individual gearing of the Sigma so it could compete with the MRX Duratec Turbo P2 that does allow changes so it doesn't max out on tracks with long straights.
    Just a thought for the developers.