1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

simcube2 pro ddw game wont recognise the wheel or calibrate

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by chris wilson, Apr 1, 2020.

1. chris wilson

chris wilson New Member

Hi im trying to connect my simcube 2 pro but when i try to calibrate the wheel my wheel can hardly be turned as its so hard to move and the red bar on the wheel calibration screen dose not move all other controls like pedals shifter assign ok but the game just wont recognise the wheel im trying custom wheel settings in the wheel menu any help would be most grateful i must be doing something wrong????????????

2. Dean Ogurek

Dean Ogurek "Love the Simulation You're Dreaming In." AMS2 Club Member

• Axis-assignment and calibration should not have any forces applied now.
    • When assigning steering-axis, rotate to the stop, then change direction, the axis should then be recognized.
    • After completing assignment and calibration of controls, increase power in SC2.
    • Start out using the Default FFB settings (other than Gain - much lower), and experiment from there.
    • Note that the Low Force Boost setting should be balanced against Gain for best results (increase Gain / lower LFB or vice-versa) / Zero LFB not recommended.
    • FX is for setting: Tire Scrub effect / Brake-lock effect / Engine Vibe (Idle range) effect however, there are currently issues that are keeping this from working as intended. (Lower FX currently results in more tire-scrub but, less Engine -vibes).
    My SimuCube1 settings (for reference) /// Direct Input settings not applicable with AMS2:
    Power: Full / 100% (20Nm Small Mige)
    Recon Filter: 6 (Revised lower with v0.8.2.0)
    Damping: 1.5 /// 15% in SC2
    Friction: 0.5 /// 5% in SC2
    Inertia: 0

AMS2 FFB Settings:
    Gain: 30-40% (Depending on LFB level).
    Low Force Boost: 15-25% (revised with v0.8.2.0)
    FX: 5% (revised with v0.8.2.0) Effects seem to be bugged currently.

Last edited: Apr 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Iceman

Iceman New Member

Thanks for posting your simucube settings!
    What wheel make & model are you selecting within AMS2? It seems like the FFB you get depends heavily on which combination is selected.

4. chris wilson

chris wilson New Member

thank you very much for info i now have the wheel working but i just dont have any ffb at all how weird the ffb was there when the wheel was not recognised but now the wheel is recognised i just can not get any ffb at all is there something i need to adjust in the ini file??? thanks for all your help

5. chris wilson

chris wilson New Member

thank you so much for your help buddy very much appreciated i have no ffb now? at all but my wheel is recognised now so thanks for that do i have to change something in the ini file? there is no ffb feeling at all but i will keep trying to fix lol thanks

chris

6. Anders R. Jensen

Anders R. Jensen New Member

I have the same or similar issue with the Simucube. Configuring and calibrating the wheel is very difficult and no FFB in game.
    1. Getting the steering axis detected is very difficult
    2. When the left "axis" is succesfulde detected the centering spring comes on very violent and very strong which is dangerous! The strong centerspring makes it impossible (due to the strong ffb) to get the right "axis" detected without turning down the strengt in the simucube settings.
    3. Calibration of the wheel is only possible when simucube strengt is way down low.
    4. In menu there is always a very strong centering spring.
    5. Modifying the in-game ffb gain or centerspring does not seem to have any effect.
    6. When racing there is NO FFB.
    I've tried to delete the settings files in the document folder but that did not help.

Any idea on how to get FFB in the game or a fix for any of the point above?

Br,
    Anders

7. Rubinhofan

Rubinhofan New Member

8. Victor M Miguelez

Victor M Miguelez New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi Anders, have you tried to click and release again your Simucube e-stop button whenever that happens? In my experience, for who knows what reason, whenever I have no FFB in any game (as if the game lost it) I do this and the FFB comes back every time. That usually happens after doing some editing in the Game FFB or in the SC2 TD. You may want to try it