1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Simple tool for changing controller IDs in Windows

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by mmaruda, Aug 6, 2016.

1. mmaruda

mmaruda Member AMS2 Club Member

For anyone having issue with Windows changing their wheel device ID so that it is no longer the device number AMS has assignments for, try the attached tool.

I know this can be a pain, but now you don't have to disconnect your devices physically, just move your wheel to the appropriate spot in the software.

Attached Files:

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Well, we already have a thread about this. We know this software but no way to let it works so if you know how to do please share to us.

3. mmaruda

Well, I just launch it, and click on my steering wheel, then click on ID01 and confirm. Then it just works. Can you please say what is the issue that you are having, that would probably allow me to provide more specific help.

4. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

Same steps as you but doesn't works...I am on Win 10 Pro 64...

5. mmaruda

Hmmm, how many controllers do you have connected altogether? If you have some you don't need for racing you use an alternative like USBDeview: View any installed/connected USB device on your system

You can just turn off other USB controllers without physically disconnecting them and just leave your wheel. You can then turn them back on when you are done racing.