1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

SimRacingSystem

Discussion in 'Fan Sites & Community Events' started by Fizzy, Jan 18, 2021.

1. Fizzy

Fizzy Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yesterday I did my second SRS race (Formula Trainer @ Speilberg Short <3 ). Despite messsing up by not adding enough fuel for the race(!), I had a great time. Anyone looking for clean, respectful racing should check out SRS, as it is excellent and easy to use. Registering for the service involves proving your identity (driving licence / passport etc), and takes a few days, but once that is done, racing is very easy (no need to join Discord groups etc).

As far as I am aware, there are currently 3 AMS2 leagues running:

Donk's M1 Procar series (Saturday, 17:00GMT)
    Formula Trainer series (Sunday 17:00GMT)
    GT4 Series (Wednesday 00:00GMT)

• Like Like x 2
  2. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

Signed up and did my first race yesterday (the Procar one). Looking forward to the Trainer race later!

3. Fizzy

Hey Pete, I did the Pro Car race too. Unfortunately, I got disconnected. You beat me in the F trainer race... congrats on the P2. I think we had quite similar pace, but after a great start I had a spin and couldn’t get back into the action.

Hopefully see you next weekend... loving that F trainer!

4. Pete Baldwin

Pete Baldwin Member

You were a tenth or two quicker as you and the other guy pulled away from me at the start. Unlucky with the spin - I nearly went a couple of times at that corner. If you go in too quick, you have a big sideways moment!

• Like Like x 1
  5. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Providing my id card seems a bit weird and cumbersome, that is why i hesitate to take part. It is 2021 and you have other options like steamId, email validation etc.

6. eSTee3

eSTee3 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Some better instructions on how to validate your account would be nice, so for now, I've sent an email. Hoping I'll be racing soon, as this will be my first online racing group.

7. Fizzy

Yeah, I tend to agree, but the fact that ID is properly verified is good, a quick phone photo with other details hidden isn't too hard really though. :)

The initial set up is a bit confusing. Once you have done a race, it all becomes a lot clearer. The service they provide is pretty impressive considering it's free.

I got a fairly quick response once I'd emailed, hopefully you should be racing for the weekend. :)