1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Slipstream / Drafting and Dirty Air

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by James Lee GTE, Aug 31, 2020.

1. James Lee GTE

James Lee GTE Active Member

Firstly I want to say well done to Reiza on how this has massively improved. Racing at Virginia Raceway on the front and back straight the slipstream effect I get from the AI is awesome, I even experienced a double tow from two AI in front of me and was slingshot passed both of them, it felt awesome! I also experience dirty air following them round the Horseshoe and NASCAR corners which again is awesome!
    BUT
    The AI don’t seem to be able to benefit from drafting me, or catch me or zip passed me on the front and back straight at VIR. They also don’t seem to be affected by my dirty air. This was with AI and aggression both at 100%. They do seem to be able to draft each other, just not me the player.
    I raced the P3 Roco at VIR and the slipstream I get on the long straights is awesome, perhaps if anything a little bit too strong but great fun. I purposely slowed up on Oak Tree corner before the back straight so the AI were within half a second of me and driving down the back straight they never ever gained on me and they stayed constantly at 0.5 seconds behind me.
    Racing in RF2 with the Audi GT3 2019 at the Reiza VIR, I did the same test and the AI caught me and passed me on the back straight as they should. AI and aggression set to 100% in RF2.
    This isn’t exclusive to VIR but it’s most exaggerated there, because of the two crazy long straights and the crazy corners.
    Please can you give AI drafting powers from the player and also be affected by our dirty air.
    Also thank you for the massive improvements with the AI, they are now genuinely fun to race and at VIR they are great fun and consistent.

• Winner Winner x 1
  2. Pacchia

Pacchia Member

Have you tried another track?
    I am sure tha ai was catching my draft at Cascavel which also has short straights.