1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Solution for load/save setup issue

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by BrunoB, Jul 25, 2020.

1. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I can see in different forums that a lot of people like me have problems that AMS2 crash after the latest Hockenheim + extra upd.
    As soon as I tried to load ANY setup or even just tried to get an overview over my setups for as example F-Reiza the game crashed.
    I could only get on track if I didnt load (or save) anything but accepted the autoload setup - and kept my fingers completely away from messing with it.
    OK. But after a lot of irritating trial and errors(crashings) I managed to get into the autoloaded setup and activate the "Set To Default" thing.
    And after 3-4 save crashings I succeded to save this default setup with the autogenerated name.
    And from now on I could load and save all my former and new setups without issues.

EDIT: No the problem is not solved.
    As soon as I start the game up again on another track and load a setup the game crashes.
    Even If I go back to the former track I now have to start the procedure up again by resetting the autoloaded setup to default and then crashing 4-5 times before Im allowed to save this default setup without crash.:mad:

Last edited: Jul 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

I have the same problem, since the last update, it is impossible to load the personal seups, the game goes to CRASH

3. RoccoTTS

RoccoTTS Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Did you delete your old setups in your AMS 2 folder ?
    Because when you read "Removed air restrictor setup option" in the changelog it means your old setups before the update are not compatible anymore.

4. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

hello, so you have to delete the folder in: "DOCUMENTS"?, and reconfigure everything ?, and then the old setups can no longer be loaded, right ?, and finally where should I delete the old setups?

5. RoccoTTS

Apparently my advice don't work, i had a crash myself when loading a new setup for F Reiza.

6. Germano Cervini

Germano Cervini Member

in which folder are the old setups saved ?, what is the path?

7. RoccoTTS

Documents/Automobilista 2/savegame/389358943/automobilista 2/tuningsetups

8. BrunoB

I dont think there is much logic in saying that it is caused by the old setups - because when the game itself autoload one of these old setups the game dont crash.
    The crash happens only if you try to manually save these setup yourself - or to manually try to load ANY setup.
    Another indication that these old setups is not the problem is that even if you load (or save) an autogenerated default setup(= a NEW setup) the game does crash too.
    So...:(

9. BrunoB

OK guys now I think I have found a way to sidestep this obviously pretty fundamental setup bug.:)
    I have tested it out in TT mode - but dont know how to addapt same sidestep to the other modes.:(

If you in TT mode load a ghost with a setup(!) and then on track in the garage save this setup as new setup - then you are allowed to do this without the buggy mandatory game crash.
    And when you have succeded this SAVE then it looks like you have temporarily got out of the bug loop - because now you can save and load all the setups you want.
    Even your oldest ones :p

Downer: But as soon as you exit the track and start a new up you have to repeat the same irritating sidestep method - otherwise the game does crash again.
    And again:mad:

Hope someone can find a way to get practice and single race mode to work - because to the best of my knowledge MP is not hit.

EDIT: The above sidestepping method does work - but now my TT laptimes does suddenly not upload to server.
    EDIT2: Now I also think I have sidestepped this "TT not uploading laptimes" issue too.
    Because if you in TT use the restart button after a new laptime the game crash and the laptime is not uploaded even if it is set a few laps before.
    To be sure of uploading exit the TT extemely normal:whistle:
    This crash is probably because a restart tries to restart without loading the mentioned mandatory :whistle: ghost(setup) before getting on track(me guess:D).

Last edited: Jul 26, 2020
  10. Peter Stefani

Peter Stefani Active Member AMS2 Club Member

As of this morning 07-26-20, CTD for me whenever trying to load or save any set up. Can't even create a new one.

11. BrunoB

Sorry to hear that Peter - but have you tried to exactly follow the method I described?
    If yes then Im corrected - because then your bug is even worse than in my end.o_O

12. Peter Stefani

TBH, I'm not into jumping thru hoops. I'll just shelve it until it gets updated.

13. Bassemann87

Bassemann87 New Member

i have the same problem. i have deleted the old files and verified the game files.

14. Peter Stefani

One business day to fix it, impressive!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Brazil stands for quality. :hurrayreiza:

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. 250swb

250swb Active Member

Game crashes loading personal setups at Hockenheim but the game works with personal setups that are already loaded in the garage which isn't logical if the fix is to first delete personal setups.

• Agree Agree x 1