Some QOL improvements I think would help improve player experience.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by szo, Nov 17, 2021.

1. szo

szo New Member

After playing for 100 hours these are some minor things i've noticed. I am not trying to make complaints or demands. This is just feedback. I appreciate all the hardwork and effort Reiza has put into AMS2.
    • Navigating menu's or editing setups is a pain with a wheel. You need a mouse to exit replays, and also in certain parts of the menu you have no way of going to the previous page without a mouse.
    • The Setup screen is cluttered, in particular the suspension menu. If they were to add more pages or tabs and spread out setup options it would be much easier to consistently edit setups while practising.
    • Hot tire pressure values are not represented in the setup screen after returning to the pitbox. So you have to be aware of what your pressure was before you enter the pitbox if you are trying to find optimum tire pressure.
    • Saving setups is clunky, if some meta info about the track we are currently editing the setup on were added to the end of the default string such as track temp, weather conditions or tire bar it would be easier to differentiate which setup is which. The setup name length is too short to be able to add anything meaningful if you have multiple different presets.
    • There is no option to use psi for tire pressures. I think I've heard this is planned as well as ideal temps for the cars but still this is a must that would be better to have sooner than later.
    • In multiplayer when creating a lobby. Having the option to end a practice session so we can start the qualifying or race would be ideal if we are trying to seed a server and want player to be able to warm up while waiting until enough players join the Lobby. A 1 hour practice session is usually what I set before a race because sometimes people won't join for 30+ minutes and then will leave because theres still 20 minutes left and they want to start immediately. The practice session should be where people hang out waiting for players instead of the Lobby screen.
    • Longer Lobby names would be beneficial for describing the Lobby type. We don't need to be able to write out a crazy amount but enough so we can describe what the plan is
    Lobby name example:
    • "All Welcome - GT3 - Mixed Tracks"
    • "High XP - Realism - Formula - Interlagos""
    Thats about as long as the Lobby names need to be.
    So yea those are some of the things I've noticed that can kind of be a hassle. They're minor annoyances though, AMS2 is still the one for me.

• Like Like x 3