1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spinning when brake

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Ruan Ferreira, Apr 18, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Ruan Ferreira

Ruan Ferreira New Member

Hi guys, I have a problem to brake, specially in the final of straight lines. I push to brakes and the car just spin. I don't press the brake to much (like 85~90%) and this in the video happens. I don't know what I'm doing wrong. And yes, that happens with anothers cars.

2. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Sounds like you're downshifting too fast. As a test, brake without down shifting. I think the tranny is locking the drivetrain.

3. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Are you releasing brake pressure as the car starts to slow down as you would have to in real life? We cant see the pedal movement in the video because there is not yet an indicator in the HUD :( But from what I see the lock-up is occurring at the point that you would normally be releasing pressure (not at the beginning of the braking). AMS 2 requires threshold braking if set to authentic and no ABS is being used. I don't even remember if these cars have some ABS, but looks like no at the moment.

I don't think you are down-shifting too quickly (causing excessive engine braking), but the rear tires are locking-up, so too much brake pressure is going to the rear (either in the set-up % or because of your heavy foot in general).

Do you have a good quality brake pedal/controller? If it is a low-resolution or short-travel pedal, you may have to adjust the pedal sensitivity in the game.

4. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

If you slow it down you notice rear right locking just before the spin. Did you change brake balance by chance? i was testing the new GT5 Puma yesterday and noticed if i tried a different brake balance other than default i was experiencing the same issue. Although balance in this game seems high i think by default its set at a good setting to avoid issues like this....

5. John Hargreaves

John Hargreaves Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had this in a few cars, especially the stock car. I think the default brake bias is a touch too rear heavy, so if you trail brake even a tiny bit it locks the rear and does a handbrake turn. In the stock car I found that just nudging it forward a few clicks to 66:34 more or less cured it. You still have to be careful to ease off the brake at the end of the braking period though.

6. Ruan Ferreira

Ruan Ferreira New Member

I thought I needed to make a kind of heel-and-toe. The RPM of engine go down like if I pressed the clutch, but was my trail braking by the way.

I wasn't expecting the brake could be that sensitive. I was already doing "trail braking" and don't release the brake too much when slowing down. A sensation of "the car is not going to stop" get me when I start to release the brake but not the necessary.
    I'm still a beginning and I will training more. Thanks guys!

Last edited: Apr 18, 2020
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

Great!

Just start braking a tiny bit earlier so you can release brake pressure to prevent lock-up and still make Turn 1.

And, please remember you are approaching one of the most difficult corners in all of world racing in one of the most powerful race cars. Don't expect to be an expert right away and take advantage of the best feature of AMS--you can use smaller and lighter cars at smaller/easier tracks to learn the techniques that you can then apply at the top-level tracks and cars later :)

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. SwaggerJacker

SwaggerJacker Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Agree 100%. It's cool to drive the powerful cars, but I believe you'll get better quicker driving lower powered cars. The Sprint Cars are a hoot! Glad you figured out the problem.