1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Steam AMS2 forum

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by BartZ, Apr 18, 2022.

1. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

So I've been reading Steam forum and OMG. If a potential player were to read it... Most of it is uninformed bitching by what I think are mostly children. Complaining about the apparently high price of game and DLC's with no regard for contents and frequent updates born form hard dev work.
    It's annoying. And probably one of the reasons this sim hasn't got the popularity it deserves

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. stealthradek

stealthradek Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

It's impossible to control all the channels nowadays, especially given how people closer to the title are usually posting here (myself included). People tend to complain literally everywhere (Steam, r/automobilista etc) to get upvotes from other non-happy for whatever reason fellows. Bloody attention seekers...

General Steam forums are usually garbage anyway and apart from few really loved by global community titles things are rather nasty there. I agree it's not a good publicity for people who are researching AMS2 and that's usually one of the first places to check...

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Nobody in their right mind reads Steam forums for any game.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  4. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

I like Steam forums, it's much better than most official forums which are usually very toxic. Yes, most people want something for nothing. And yes, if you release some content, they immediately ask about another one. Good thing is average people go toward videos and they can't write.

And no, that's not the reason.

• Like Like x 1
  5. mansell

mansell Member

i agree
    imagine a "potencial buyer" coming here to decide if he should buy AMS2 and see that some of the most popular threads are bugs reporting, AI reporting, priority of things to be fixed, feature requests etc...
    there are thousands of people in steam that rate AMS2 as excellent and must buy in their reviews and enough people to defend it in steam forums...
    IMHO the reasons for low popularity are not steam forums or youtubers opinions or the (high) price

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

That's funny, I've been told on other forums that this place is just an echo chamber where everyone is posting about how much they love Reiza and no criticism is allowed or presented and that's why AMS2 has bugs...

7. Kevin del Campo

Kevin del Campo Active Member

Opinions are like assholes.
    Everybody has one and they all stink.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  8. mansell

mansell Member

bug reporting and critisism may be very different things.
    i.e. there are (many) people here that reporting bugs and other issues frequently but they love AMS2.
    "this is my go-to sim, but..." is very common here
    and there are sims with no (silly) bugs, but people critisize them (for content, handling, graphics, performance etc...)
    TBH, i think the level of defending AMS2 in steam forums is much higher than in here, by far.

that said, i dont think many people will come here to complain about the price (that is what bothers OP, i guess) or to ask if AMS2 is better than assetto corsa or GT7.
    steam is a market place and threads about prices and comparisons should be expected in its forums...

Last edited: Apr 20, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1