Steam Dedicated Server mixes settings up

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by SRB Mike, Apr 24, 2016.

1. SRB Mike

SRB Mike New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am trying to setup a dedicated server via the Steam client on a separate machine in my network. But as soon as its started it mixes its settings files up, so that the given client aount doesn't match the game settings, e.g.

I set for 20 clients in the configuration tool and then the multiplayer.ini is changed by the server as soon as the track is loaded to 21... and the server browser shows 21, too, then. I've checked this with several client numbers and it's always the given <client numer> plus 1 ... but only in the multiplayer.ini.

In the DedicatedreizaXX.ini it states the correct value of 20

The if I try to join the server on my gaming machine via the Steam server browser I get back either "Join time out" or "Server full" even when the list says "0/21". Maybe this has to do with the mixed up client values? Or am I doing something completely wrong?

Second problem is that it seems the dedicated exe somtimes resets the ports to the default values or is the multiplayer.ini rewritten with every update so I have to change this afterwards again?

2. SRB Mike

SRB Mike New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks to this tip from Patrick over at the AMS Steam community, we could manage to join the server now:
    Joining a Multiplayer Event :: Automobilista General Discussions

The bold marked port settings should be added to the user guide.

Now it remains, why the dedicated server sets the number of clients to the amount set in the dedicated launching programme +1.