Steam Overlay

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by TR1S, Apr 4, 2019.

1. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello,

It used to work. I'd get the chat msgs, the FPS counter and screenshots went to my Library. Now it's not working. I didn't change anything since last playing it other than the updates that occurred automatically.

Anyone know what might be the reason?

Thanks.

2. Dave Stephenson

Dave Stephenson Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Nothing specific we have changed springs to mind which would cause it. Maybe if you are using thrid party shaders or overlays they could have an impact.

Steam also has a game specific setting to enable or disable steam overlay which may be worth double checking. Right click the game in the library and choose properties to find it.
    upload_2019-4-5_13-6-30.png

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. TR1S

TR1S New Member AMS2 Club Member

First thing I checked. I also have it enabled globally in Steam. All other items I use with frequency are fine. This and AMSBeta both did this at the same time.

I've also disabled Sweetfx from the Config Tool since it's causing weird, slow moving blobs on my side screens while in menus.

** Edit **

Turns out having the Config Tool and the AMS.exe set to run as Administrator so the user and setting files stay in the root directory of the AMS install causes the overlay to not work.

If I run the programs without that setting, this allows the overlay to function but then all the settings, controller configs, replays, etc. all end up in My Documents folder using up space on my C Drive.

Last edited: Apr 8, 2019