Steering range always at 900 degrees.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Sternendrache, Jan 30, 2017.

1. Sternendrache

Sternendrache Member AMS2 Club Member

Hardware: Logitech G27
    Software: Windows 10

I can't seem to get the automatic detection of steering ranges to work. Every car is at 900 degrees, although the in-game steering wheel fits the range of the cars. Custom steering range is turned off, and the profiler for the wheel is installed and the tick for "games are allowed to change settings" is set too.

2. Zin

Zin New Member

Sternendrache
    Looks like you are doing things right with settings.
    A suggestion maybe to verify your files through steam to make sure you have no corrupt file, be aware some custom settings you have done may be lost doing that.
    In the garage you can change wheel rotation but that is not the correct way.
    I hope you get it working , I have same setup and it was night and day not using 900 degree for all cars. Reiza I feel really has it figured out for most cars and those that you do not like can be changed with your ReelFeel Plugin while driving.

Another thing that may be worth checking is how windows sees your controller in the
    Control Panel -> Game Controllers make sure settings are correct there also.
    Backup files if you are changing things

Garry

• Like Like x 1
  3. Sternendrache

Thanks, I'll try vertifying the game files then. The wheel is detected properly from windows, cause it works perfectely in ATS, R3E and rfactor2.

AMS did change the steering range on my laptop which I used until a few weeks ago, thats why I am puzzled as to why it's not happening now.

4. Sternendrache

So, I vertified the files and tried it again (and I plugged in my G27 through a USB 2.0 port instead of a 3.0 one). Testet Super V8 at Bathurst a bit. Everything was working fine, steering range was set up automatically and I had a blast. Until I went back to the garage and went out again, when suddenly everything was reset. The in-game steering wheel still had the same range, but I had to turn my wheel now all the way to reach full lock.

I have no idea what may be causing this.

5. Erick Goldner

Erick Goldner Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Are you running the game As Admin ?
    If so, i've seen some reports of the Logitech Profiler not being able to read the info from the game.
    Try closing it (logitech profiler.exe) and open it as Admin as well to see if doesn't happen anymore.

6. Kevin Cox

Kevin Cox Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Reset FFB can sometimes fix this too. Just map a button to it. ;)

• Informative Informative x 1
  7. Joe Hunt

Joe Hunt AMS Rocks

Thx for the Hint with the reset of FFB, that resolves my Prob here with my G27 & 900 Degrees, now it works like before ;)

• Like Like x 1
  8. sebastian

sebastian New Member

I have the same problem but with a g29. The "reset ffb" don't work for me.

9. Sternendrache

Yeah, it didn't solve the problem for me either (G27). Having to manually set the rotation in the profiler is not too bad though, and the only workaround that makes sense.