1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Stock Car Brasil Understeering

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by AlexBfromG, Apr 1, 2020.

1. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

the cars handle pretty differently from AMS1, its constant understeer in base setups. otherwise i enjoyed the game so far, the FFB is pretty nice.

2. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Reduce brake pressure and put brake bias more back, reduce rear wing, play with diff settings, raise rear ride height and drive it more on throttle, it will stop understeering.^^

3. 250swb

250swb Active Member

I'm not sure this is about how to set up a car, but the default settings just won't get cars around a tight corner. If the game is going to attract beginners to sim racing car setup should be about going faster when they are ready, not essential for just getting around the track. There is another thread about steering ratios and maybe this is the same problem?

• Like Like x 2
  4. AlexBfromG

thank you, this is what i mean. i drove the stock car in AMS 1 and i felt confident, was able to drive good laps and the car moved as expected. now it feels like the car is always pushing away from the apex of a corner.

• Like Like x 1
  5. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

compare the speed in that corner with AMS1 vs AM2.
    Maybe you just to fast, but don't feel it ;)

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. CrimsonEminence

I can drive faster SC Brasil times in AMS2, than AMS1...so much to the topic understeer ^^'
    ---------------
    I think you guys should really look into the setup.
    I hope, you're able to hit a sub 1:40 on Interlagos, because if not, an evaluation is hard to make. Sounds like you're too fast and braking too hard into corners, this IS, what cars do, when pushing too hard.
    With correct corner approach, the SCV8 even oversteers massively out of corners without setup...

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AlexBfromG

did a 1:39.1, it is ok to drive, i just changed the bump stops, but you dont feel confident like in AMS1 with those cars, just as you felt an engine braking in AMS1, which you dont feel here. 20200402154443_1.jpg

8. CrimsonEminence

I drive 1:37-1:36s usually, when everything is warmed up and i'm not doing anything special, no exploits, no magic setups. Brake a bit earlier and trail off more from the brakes. Keep it balanced. Reduce Brake pressure to something around 83% in the setup and maybe even a bit more rear brake bias. Your time can improve massively.
    Also you can try to reduce FFB strength a bit.^^

• Like Like x 1
  9. AlexBfromG

yeah, and you guys are driving for over a month, i just did 20 laps in that thing :D
    i will try to let the car roll more into corners

10. CrimsonEminence

That's the thing. You haven't got into it yet fully, not close to the limit, but judging the limits already. (No offense!!)
    Listen to the needs of that girl, it will tell you a lot, if you think about it ;)

Last edited: Apr 2, 2020
  11. Raphael Smith

Raphael Smith New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'm experiencing understeer in the default setup as well. Using a thrustmaster t300 Alcantara and fanatec clubsport v2 pedals. I've gone between AMS 1, the reiza pack in rf2, and AMS2 and in the same cars I'm battling constant understeer in AMS2. It just feels like trail braking is very difficult in AMS2.

in AMS1 you can feel the front tires bite and rotate the car in as you trailbrake into a turn. It's more difficult for me to achieve this in AMS2. I hope it's just down to a default setup issue. The same cars should not feel so different between all three sims.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. ali09

ali09 New Member

The thing is most of times I am not confident with the car, thats not just V8's, but vast majority of them, I feel I cannot get into a flow, anytime I can get into a slide and oversteer or understeer and go wide at tight corners. I do not feel confident. Where as other games I compared it with like ACC and RF2, once you warm up the tyres the car keeps giving and I start to feel confident with the car. In AMS2 it feels too wobbly from the rear and can come out anytime without you realising it and the front end gives tremendous understeer even with good setup on tight slow corners - can be a arms worth of pain. this excessive understeer and oversteer needs to be ironed out. Otherwise physics pretty good. And if you compare it with RF2 and ACC you will know what I mean, like when your up and running after a few laps the car starts to stick and you feel you have grip and the car doesnt excessively understeer or oversteer as much.

• Agree Agree x 1