1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The GT3 Porsche at Brands Hatch

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Raceracerace, Jun 9, 2021.

1. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

"is great, don't worry"

One of the most beautiful things any racer can hear before they leave the pits is "Its ok to thrash the transmission we don't want it back" and "This gixxer may only have 5,000 km's on it, but NONE of those were track K's"

I was surprised when people began saying the gt3 porsche was too bouncy, or it didn't turn. Because one of the best things to do now is to race competently for many laps and not just a few. This car/track can do that up there with any other sim.

The general section does not reflect the current state of positivity and goodness about the game. One can indeed have amazing races in this car at Brands Hatch and other places but Brands Hatch is very versatile and most people know it pretty well.

The patches have gone from people in general (for most people any way)
    [ -barely being able to stay on the road
    -hot lapping as the pinnacle and only thing they could do repeatedly
    - a few laps before it all falls apart
    - physics improvements then do all the above again in a loop ]

- then being able to race the vast majority of tracks with good AI and cars they can control.

But not the gt3 Porsche? I beg to dither.

Give this a go, its not all my own if I remember correctly - yes I did this from scratch but some is from memory by the setup people on the internet. If there is an error somewhere well it still races very good over a long period of time, its not too peaky or attacking.

From advanced menu first tab

164 front tyre, 154 back
    brake pressure 89, bias 61/39, rear duct 60%

next tab suspension

front left (symetrical setup)
    8, -2.1, 60mm, 3, 5mm, 10, 10, 8, 8

rear left (symetrical)
    -3.5, 72, 3, 5mm, 11,11, 4, 6

center front
    steering lock - 28, -0.8 toe-in, 10 ARB, slow bump 1,

rear center 0.6, arb 4

drivetrain
    fuel 25L (yes), radiator 50%, 2 engine braking, 7, 7 (I map traction control on/off to the 3 key as it does all the systems 1-5)

gear ratio no change

rear diff

80Nm, 2 clutches, 45 power, 50 coast

__

It should give a great drive. And just on that, when the cars are setup well or to your liking the sim is the measure of any other sim, its really pleasing to drive it on the madness engine.

It says in the menu I did a 1.27.694 after a few laps but in a race situation. I could get that down to a 1.27 low or 1.26 maybe (like you know, if I didn't screw it up and you keep up momentum/higher gears every spot). The computer did 1.27.75 as his fastest. Highest place was 9 out of 20 starting from the back. But the point of the setup is its enjoyment. Turn early and often and you won't have a problem. Its incredible fun.

__

pos 19 was 1.30 as the fastest lap, so a 1.27.5 is a top 5 spot with consistency, as position 5 is 1.28.4

__

Now the mercedes GT3 is an absolute pleasure to drive haha and with no adjustments iirc, with the balance of a russian gymnast around brands hatch (dont worry its handling is distinctly different and feels like a Mercedes but don't do a perroquet in one, its just a brick that handles its heft extremely well) - this is what I don't get actually - that some people were saying the gt3's went south this patch. I don't think so unless I am not seeing something. Sure if I want to drive a gt3 round long beach that may be a different story. Did a 1.26.06 round brands in the first few laps. Soft slicks this is all with, and the track is naturally progressive, so this being practice, with the merc its not optimal yet. But the Porsche needs to really be 'wrangled' about the track. Both are fun. I say brick, but Merc will tell you 'silver bullet'. In fact 1 merc door is worth 3 ford doors, 4 gm doors, and maybe 2 porsche doors

At 3 laps you will probably begin to get a bit of wear in the car and there will be a fall off maybe, so I like how the whole thing from car/physics, from one day on the race weekend to another day, weather, tires, heat of the day from early morning to mid-morning for example, mechanical, its all very progression and intertwines

As far as gameplay systems go, the intertwining or meshing of disparate or separate systems is one of the things that makes games stand out. Be they skyrim or racing games, this game is not static all across the board and its so cool.

Last edited: Jun 9, 2021
  2. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

What's the point?

• Like Like x 1
  3. ozcanuck

ozcanuck Active Member

He's enjoying the game?

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. turtleCZ

turtleCZ Active Member

Maybe but I would like to know how then. Partly it looks like generated stuff. If you understand it, maybe the message is not for me.

5. Raceracerace

Raceracerace Active Member

Ah... you.

There's a lot of people out there who think the car is wack, so this is a little known setup with the help of my memory of a youtubers great video on the subject one time, to get a setup that works well on that thing with new settings. The car was at the point with the new GTE's arriving of being forgotten. But the truth is I have known since the start of the game how good the car is and steelcasts input onto setups for it only improved it.

I remember when the game first came out. No one wanted to set it up. The dev must have been pulling their hair out; why have a DYNAMIC game, right, if no one wants to set it up. Now people want setups at their finger tips, and YOU want controls that basically drive as perfectly for you as possible.

I hope you use the setup and it benefits you greatly and you get over yourself and see the merits in the wonderful designs out there.

Last edited: Jun 10, 2021