1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster Products clamp issue?!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Msportdan, Nov 19, 2016.

1. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

A couple of months back my, th8a shifter would refuse to clamp on to my desk. Basically the metal screw that the clamp works by had threaded. After a few emails back n forth (evidence of damage/proof of purchase etc) I finally got a replacement clamp (big screw basically)

Now recently the same part is going on my t300 wheel. It wont hold the base as the screw has now threaded on that?. So I'm liasing with TM to hopefully send out another clamp part.

Now I'm thinking are these things meant for attaching / unattaching use? Its not a permanent setup for me, I have no choice. is anyone else had issues with the TM clamps? Should they be made differently? How tight do these things tolerate?
    I saw a videos suggesting using axle grease on the screw to ease tension and withheld lifespan of it?!
    Interested to hear what you sim folks think.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

What i would do there in hope of preventing such failure is add two big washers and two nuts. One pair up and second below the end of L metal plate (where it apparently screws, looking from over here). That way force will be acting on more treads, not just these few in screw position. That or even weld somethng like this up and below

[​IMG]

Although before thinking all your problems are solved,think of that L bit. It could get bent so pay atrention if you will do such thing.
    How thick is L bit?

3. Msportdan

Msportdan Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

hello thanks for the info.

Tm actually were very good and sent me the whole plastic clamp and the metal screw in 3days for my t300! :).