1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Thrustmaster TMX - Game doesn't detect steering axis at all

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by dogryan100, Jul 31, 2020.

1. dogryan100

dogryan100 New Member

So for the first 20 odd hours of gameplay that I have done so far everything has worked perfect, but at some point over the last few weeks it just doesn't work at all.

So simply, whenever I go into the control assignments or steering calibration, it doesn't detect me steering. It detects the pedals, and SOMETIMES it will detect the buttons on the wheel, but it doesn't recognize any actual steering input.

The steering works perfectly fine in other games like F1.

I have also just thought about trying it in Project CARS 2, and I am having the EXACT same problem there, so it's something about the Madness engine it seems that it just doesn't work on.

Please please please help, I really want to play this but it's literally impossible to right now!

2. kamtcho

kamtcho New Member AMS2 Club Member

I have a TMX too. I do not have same problem, but when i play AMS1, and after i want play AMS2, i have to reboot my PC, start AMS2, turn off AMS2, start AMS2 again, and all is OK then.

On first run AMS2 wheel does not works good. Others all works fine.

Do you have latest drivers and firmware for your TMX wheel?

3. dogryan100

dogryan100 New Member

Yes, I'm on version 15, exact same problem.

4. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I have a SRW-S1 that is acknowleded as a custom wheel but about 50% of the times AMS2 dont recognize it so I have to exit the game and pull the USB stick out and in and hope it get recognized when I start AMS2 again.
    There is probably a bug here - and it could be fine if there was a button saying: Manually force the game to recognize any game controller/joystick at the USB ports.:rolleyes:

5. Javier Alvarez

Javier Alvarez New Member

Same problem here with my TGT, all was working as normal for over 30h and suddenly after the latest update my wheel and pedals are NOT recognized at all. Anyone has a solution for this?

6. dogryan100

dogryan100 New Member

I ended up fixing this by going into the wheel options and changing the wheel type/model thing to just be "Custom".