Thumping / cycling noise. Continues to Cycle from any gear to neutral and back.

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Robert A Ditz Sr, Jan 8, 2017.

1. Robert A Ditz Sr

Robert A Ditz Sr New Member

Thrustmaster T500 & TH8A Shifter. Continues in a consistent pattern to Cycle from any gear to neutral and back. It continues to repeat this pattern as long as I have in gear with clutch in. If I put shifter in neutral it stops. For example I have in 1st gear with clutch in. I can see the gear indicator continuously cycle to neutral then back to 1st. It continues to do this at a consistent pattern over and over. If I put shifter in neutral it stops. If I accelerate and drive the car it is ok until I come to a stop in gear with clutch in. I don't see the gear changing when racing but I hear the same pattern noise. It sounds like I am driving over expansion joints built into the highway. I've tried turning off every option except steering, pedals and gear shift assignments. I can't figure this one out. It only happens in Autobilista and no other games. Any help would be appreciated.

2. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Hmm, can you check difficulty settings, do you have auto shifting enabled?
    Or in garage check wheter car you are driving uses automatic gearbox (camaro, f-v10).

Last edited: Jan 9, 2017
  3. A Raser

A Raser New Member AMS2 Club Member

I suddenly had the same issue and couldn't get out of the pits. I would shift into 1st gear and the car would "thump and shift" back to neutral. Ultimately, I ended up changing any setting I could, restarting the game and although it stopped auto shifting back to neutral, I don't know what I did to make it stop. T300RS using Ferrari F1 wheel and paddle shifter.

I have my game set to maximum difficulty but with auto clutch and auto blip since I only have paddle shifter.

Last edited: Jan 10, 2017