Time progression between sessions

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Gevatter, Feb 20, 2018.

1. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I started a race today with the Copy Classic, including one practice session and a 20min qualifying. I set the start time to 02.30PM (14:30) and time progression to normal. I let the practice session finish, skipped to the qualifying. Drove my quali laps and let this session finish as well. When I skipped to the race it suddenly was 02:30 AM, so in the middle of the night. Sadly I didn't check the time when Qualifying started, but it was still bright day.

Could you give me some input on this, if this is normal or if I messed up a setting somewhere? Im I right to think the start time I set is the start time of the first session - in my case practice - and not the time the race starts? How much time usually goes by between sessions?

I saw another thread about a similar question, and it said that practive & qualifying are always in daylight? So could it be that I accidentially set the time to 02:30am and practice&quali would still be during daytime?

2. alexSchmurtz

alexSchmurtz Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I think you only choose the start time for the race, so it sounds like you accidentally choose 2.30 am, yes. :) Practice and quali start with a default time defined by Reiza, so it is always day light if I'm not wrong...

• Like Like x 1
  3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

I finally had a chance to check and I did indeed set the time to 2:30AM. But I have consulted my 6 year old niece to teach me the clock, so I should be good now :)

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1