Tow to pit

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by dover16, Apr 29, 2020.

1. dover16

dover16 New Member

Is it possible to shorten the tow to pit times and allow cars to return to the race ? I find most shorter racers the time is still running and the race is over. Also it never seems to let you back into the race. Help Please
    Dover16

2. keith windsor

keith windsor Active Member AMS2 Club Member

If you're towed to the pits, you've received outside help so you are out of the race, so you will not be allowed to return to the race.
    So you must get back to the pits under your own steam if you want to get repaired and continue to race.

3. dover16

dover16 New Member

So whats the point of tow to pits settings at all? semi realistic and full are a useless addition to the sim. I would have thought this was to be a time penalty option so players could still rejoin instead of dropping out.?

4. dover16

dover16 New Member

Surely in a 50-100 lap race You would not like to continue if all players but you had crashed in the 1st 10 laps!!!!!!!!!

5. keith windsor

Imagine how any real driver feels when it happens. That's the rule in real life, and that's why it's implemented in this sim - If you tow your car, you are retiring. If you follow racing at all, you'll know the old saying 'To finish first, first you have to finish'.

(not trying to be insulting, I'm just explaining, you have to avoid terminal crashes, it's part of the sim).

If you want to be sure to continue your races, you can turn the damage levels down I think, but don't choose towing option, I'm pretty sure there's no way back from that.

6. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Hehe, technically Lando and Verstappen shouldn't had won that iRacing-race were they had to tow or so. :p

7. dover16

dover16 New Member

So whats the point of tow to pits settings at all in the sim its either sit and do nothing or go straight to the pit. In either case its the end of the race. Understandable in a real race . But in a sim its a useless bit of coding.

8. dover16

dover16 New Member

In a sim a time penalty would be a better option with return to race . This gives a time penalty then a repair time and you can do nothing at the end of it. May as well just instant return to pit>

9. keith windsor

I like it in single player - if I'm running a full race weekend & crash out early in practice or qualifying, then it has an impact on how much setup time I get, or prevents me from going back out for another hotlap in qualifying, so it adds to the realism.
    I agree it seems pointless in the actual race, as the race might as well be over, but I assume it is just using the same code, but the end result is the same.

• Like Like x 1