1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Training mod suggestion AMS2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Christy, Jan 5, 2020.

1. Christy

Christy Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi,
    Discovery, learning tracks.

Beginners or simracers of low level need more training time than those who have a high level.
    To waste less time working on any circuit and its turns. It would be great if a mod would offer an option to place the car at a specific distance from a turn with a save option and an option to load saved files.

This would allow you to train on certain difficult turns without having to repeat the lap each time to practice on a turn that poses difficulties.

• Like Like x 5
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I've implemented this feature in a driver education app (in Unity) I'm working on atm.

F1 2019 has a similar feature you can use called flashback
    that you can also use to do this.

3. Horia M

Horia M Reephur

Honestly, although I agree fully with the sentiment and the rationale behind it - by all accounts this would be a good thing - I'm gonna have to disagree.

In a way, it's kind of against the ethos of racing. Good racecraft and track knowledge come from those many upon many failed attempts. Flashbacks and save points will make you a good time trial-er but won't teach you about consistency and endurance. That can only be achieved by running the track fully.

I know that can be time-consuming and difficult... but it's kind of part of the process. No individual lap will be exactly the same, your racing line will differ, your turn-ins, acceleration points, braking points. As a racer you need to learn to adapt in order to maintain consistency - and for that you need to learn tracks the hard and long way.