1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Triple screen does not work in non-surround mode when 4th monitor connected (known issue)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by mikemav3, May 9, 2022.

1. mikemav3

mikemav3 New Member

I have read others have experienced this and wanted to post to see if hopefully the devs are aware and can work on this issue in future patch? In a nutshell, while AMS2 (and most other modern sim titles) properly support triple screens as three independent monitors (not relying on Nvidia Surround for example to make one single triple-wide array presented as a single screen), this in practice does not work for me simply because I have a 4th monitor connected at all times.

I use the 4th monitor for SimHub and other aux programs necessary for occasional sim hardware/software tweaks while driving like SimCommander4, D-Box, etc... When setting up graphics in AMS2, if a 4th monitor is detected and surround is NOT enabled, it will not allow triple screen. The xml is changed to force triple screen disabled and changes in the UI are ignored (the triple spanning options are not even present.) If I switch on NVSurround, it works with 4th monitor connected.

My 4th monitor, by the way, is not a burden on the RTX 3080 since it is connected to my motherboard HDMI output and iGPU enabled in BIOS with the PCI card (3080) set to priority/main monitor.) In any case, when NVSurround is on, there is distortion on the side monitors even when checking triple screen spanning and properly inputting monitor data (including the trick to calculate image height based on proper 16:9 aspect ration matching my screens' resolution) and proper angle/FOV from the FOV calculators, but I still see stretching in the side screens with surround enabled.

Like most sims, seems AMS2 looks better in triple screen w/ no surround, but I'm not willing to disable my 4th monitor to run the game that way. Can we get this fixed so triple screen works even if more monitors are connected, like other titles?

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  2. jimortality

jimortality Active Member AMS2 Club Member

and also, If we can get triple screen fixed for us AMD users that would also be great!! :):)

• Like Like x 1
  3. Dennis Racine

Dennis Racine New Member

Also looking for this change. NVSurround sucks, would be geat to have a 4th (or even 5th) monitor without AMS2 disabling the triple screens

• Like Like x 2
  4. The11thHour

The11thHour New Member AMS2 Club Member

We really need this. AMS2 is getting better and better but the sacrifice of a 4th screen is a killer.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Luca Bassini

Luca Bassini New Member AMS2 Club Member

I'll second this! Please fix it

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Luca Bassini

Luca Bassini New Member AMS2 Club Member

This is also "ridicolous" expecially because if I switch off the fourth monitor before running AMS2 and the switch it on after the game is running everything works as expected...

Last edited: Oct 7, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Kevin Karas

Kevin Karas New Member

This is still not fixed. I cannot get triples working with a 4th monitor connected

8. Gauthier

Gauthier New Member

I agree, this is really anoying ...

9. xabiR81

xabiR81 New Member

I have the same problem, as soon as I disconnect my fourth monitor I can configure the game on triple monitor without problem. It is a shame that today we continue with this unfixed.