1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Two Questions about Automobilista 2

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by leillo1975, Mar 2, 2020.

1. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

First, I'm really impressed with the last videos I've seen about AMS2. Can't wait to March 31...
    I own AMS1 with season pass, and I would like to purchase AMS2 on Steam (€) , the base game and the season pass. What's the price for those if I buy it together?

The other question is about Linux compatibility. I know that the game don't have Linux support (a pity), but Project Cars 2 works great with Steam Play/Proton on Linux. Someone who owns the beta could try it?

Cheers!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2020
  2. logos

logos New Member AMS2 Club Member

@leillo1975,
    AMS2 Beta works perfectly on Linux with either Steam Play or Steam - Wine, exactly as Project Cars 2. The FFB should be functional out of the box for the Logitech wheels with the kernel driver, since it's based on constant force as PC2. It has the same issue with the steering force direction, though. So the FFB really works as intended only on Steam (Proton), where Valve implemented a workaround for the issue some time ago.

3. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Ohhhh.... is really great to read this. About FFB on Logitech Wheels a friend wrote a new driver that implements a lot of FFB effects (spring, dampler, friction, periodic....) and is much more complete than the included in the kernel (that only includes constant force). This driver is called "new-lg4ff". You can see more information about it in the project web. His developer, @berarma is the same person that develop Oversteer, a complete utility to configure the Logitech Wheels.. I can't wait to try it out with AMS2.

Nobody knows the price of AMS2 + Season Pass in €? Will have the AMS1+Season Pass owners a discount?

Greetings!

• Like Like x 1
  4. logos

logos New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks leillo1975!
    I know about "new-lg4ff". Berarma did great job on the driver. IMO it's almost ready to be submitted upstream. Would be much easier for the people new to Linux, to enjoy proper FFB on Logitech wheels without too much fiddling.

5. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

I suppose that multiplayer still doesn't work until release, but If PCars2 online works great in Linux with Steam Play/Proton, AMS2 must work too (assuming that it uses the same multiplayer system). Some dev can confirm this?

6. leillo1975

leillo1975 Active Member

Someone can answer this question, please?

7. Wilson Santos

Wilson Santos Member

just go to this topic and you can get it for $100

8. Wilson Santos

Wilson Santos Member

9. Wilson Santos

Wilson Santos Member

Not sure if it is open yet though. 100usd for ams1 all content owners