Tyre Blankets

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by F1-Dave, Jul 8, 2017.

1. F1-Dave

F1-Dave Member

Sorry if this has been mentioned before but is there a way to leave the pits with warm tyres?
    Thanks

Last edited: Jul 8, 2017
  2. FS7

FS7 controller filters off please AMS2 Club Member

You can open the car's tbc file and edit the starting temperature (if the ideal temperature is 90 degrees I usually set starting temperature to 50-70 degrees depending on the car). This only works for mods, though, tbc files for Reiza cars are encrypted/hidden.

3. F1-Dave

F1-Dave Member

Yeah using the f3,
    Coming out the pits on cold tyres ain't nice lol
    Good to know if I ever go down the mod route,
    Thanks for the info
    Cheers

4. FS7

Even worse is when you do a race with no warmup lap and start the race on cold tyres. Ideally there should be an option to turn tyre blankets on/off in the game options (AC has this).

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Renato Simioni

Renato Simioni Administrator Staff Member

Tires are pre-warmed only when the real series have tire warmers, which isn´t the case in F3 Brasil. In those cases handling the cold tires is supposed to be part of the challenge.

I suppose an argument could be made for adding pre-warmed tires as an optional, but being frank about it I don´t see that ranking as a priority any time soon.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. FS7

Having an option to set tyre blankets to on/off/real in all cars would be great, especially for those of us who play race weekends w/ quali & race and no warmup lap.
    The way I see it tyre blankets could be put in the same category as driving aids, things like traction control, ABS, stability control, automatic transmission can be enabled in any car even though not all of them have those things irl, fuel/tyre wear, damage & penalties can be turned on/off, so imo it wouldn't be a big deal to include tyre blankets along with all of those options.
    If it isn't possible in AMS then maybe that could be something to consider in future games.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. F1-Dave

F1-Dave Member

Thanks for the reply renato I naturally assumed with the f3 being a open wheel car the tyres would be pre warmed,

Although I admire the attention to detail and realism in this I think sometimes we have to think about gameplay and fun factor,
    I think tyre Blankets would be a great addition maybe for your next game,

How is that game coming along anyway? :p