1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tyre degradation (visual)

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Shadak, May 7, 2020.

1. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Apologies if this is somewhere already but I was unable to find anything.

When I drove around in various open wheelers I realized there is no dirt/grass etc. build up on the tyres and no actual degradation visible either. I was trying to drive hard, slide around but the tyre looked as frash as from the shop.

Will there be anything like this present eventually? Would really help the immersion in open wheelers.

2. Gordie

Gordie Active Member

AFAIK dirt is already implemented, I've certainly seen a build up on some tyres after a little off-track excursion.
    As for the rest, I hope so but I guess that's a bit down the road for development.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. MarcG

MarcG Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I don't race open wheelers much but I did have fun in the F301 last week and certainly noticed dirt build up on the tires (visually), can't recall if it made a difference to the actual Grip levels though.

4. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

Thanks
    hmm, maybe it could a test drive mode thing? I purposefully tried to drive through dirt and grass but it stayed clean the whole time. This was Gen2 formula I think, will try others.

EDIT: ok so i tried with F3 and both sand and grass are there now :) but its quite subtle compared to other games (which isnt a bad thing I guess, no large patches of grass sticking to the tyre) and it disappears in 2 seconds as soon as you leave grass/sand.

Still would be kinda nice to see the tyre virtually ripped apart when driving hard for a long time.

Last edited: May 7, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
  5. Paul Sutton

Paul Sutton New Member

Not only is there no wear visible but the hud tire temps are all wrong anyway LOL take a look at the screen shot @ the right rear :( Kinda useless
    display.jpg

6. Madonion

Madonion Member

Unlike assetto corsa where if i lock the brakes in open wheelers i can see it has a flat spot and i can feel it has a flat spot in FFB. Maybe later down the road they can focus on adding that.

7. TekNeil

TekNeil Take me back to the 2.4l, twin 50 weber days...

Don't quote me on this but...
    I 'think' there may be a very subtle (Maybe for future or testing purposes?) some form of flat spotting FFB.
    I was struggling with what I think is a bug/issue regards understeer in a couple of cars, the front tyres not warming up.
    So to try and force it I drove as fast as I could while having the front brakes locked (For quite some time).

When I started going again normally, there was definitely some different force/vibration/noise showing in the FFB telemetry which I could also feel.
    Edit: Was certainly noticeable in the Caterham 620R at Goiania.
    G29 @ 100/50/50.

8. Shadak

Shadak Active Member

I could definitely feel tyre degradation/flat spots in FFB, switched to accelerated wear and in a Formula car at some point it was literally limping on one side.

Btw Im not sure if it was always there but I think there is a tire compression visually! It doesnt sway like rFactor2, but I can tell its there and its not just the object burrowing or glitching under the track :D

• Like Like x 1
  9. F1historic

F1historic Member

i only drive formula cars and i would love to see tire degradation visually. would be much more immersion

• Agree Agree x 3