UI update for final version

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Spin, Nov 10, 2017.

1. Spin

Spin Active Member

Is there any chance we could get the online chat box back to the main screen?

It's frustrating trying to manage online rooms, or even chat with friends/users for that matter, when 75% of the people don't see/check the chat anymore because it's not on the main screen. It also encourages people not to chat if they have questions, problems, etc.

At the very least, if the chat tab could blink (maybe yellow) to indicate a new message, that would be OK too but I'm guessing that would require a lot more core UI-engine programming changes. I'm guessing relocating it back to the main screen is a simpler, more effective solution.

Communication during online gaming can be quite important at times; the chat box being moved away from the main screen has made this quite difficult and frustrating in Automobilista.

P.S. It probably wouldn't hurt downsizing the tv/monitor in the main screen to free-up some space because it can be fullscreen'd easily (fullscreen button).

I'm sure I'm not the only one who would welcome this change :)

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fully agree with that wish. I hope it's not too late, because we all know ........ the end (of AMS development) is near.

3. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

How can i disable the Chat box on screen?
    I would like to disable it during a race, so no distracting texts pop-up during a race.
    Or did they add this feature in the Beta?

4. Ernie

Ernie Active Member AMS2 Club Member

He means that chat window in pit menu (car setup screen). Not that message box in cockpit while racing. ;)

PS: But if you want to get rid of all these messages during the race, try setting the parameter "Allow Chat In Car="0" " in Multiplayer.ini.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2017
    • Informative Informative x 2