Unable to launch game

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Kurupt CDN, Mar 14, 2016.

1. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

On Tues I updated my nvidia gtx 970 driver to prepare for The Division release and everything went seemingly fine until I tried launching my dx9 s based sims.
    Automobilista
    RRE
    RF2
    Iracing
    All I get is either a black screen or game is not responding message which takes a full system reboot to close.
    Reinstalled dx9c driver.
    I reverted back to driver 362 which I was previously on and it worked for a day than Microsoft released an update and now I am back to broken dx9 games and apps. I've tried DDU to Uninstaller drivers, tried Uninstalling the Microsoft updates which end up coming back due to windows 10 auto updates.
    Any ideas I posted over at nvidia forms and haven't gotten any responses but noticed quit a few people having issues due to the latest driver and the best info I've gathered is we just have to wait and hope nvidia/Microsoft fix the issue.
    Also after ever crash i have to run an integrity check as 3 files always get removed from the folder.
    I ve ran sfc/scannow in the command prompt...no issues as well as the dx9 in the support folder.
    Pc i7 2600
    Gtx 970 ssc 4gb
    Asus p8 z77m
    16gb ram
    Windows 10 X64
    Monitor dell ultra wide sharp 3440 x 1440p

2. Kurupt CDN

Kurupt CDN Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Ive finally solved the issue to several games not launching and giving me black screens.
    Thanks to the info from an assetto corsa user, he told me if i had an xbox1 controller plugged in to unplug it so i did a viola all the games launch now!
    So now that we know the cause is this a dev in game controller fix or a microsoft issue?