Upgrades.ini AI Parameters

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Paul Cohen, Feb 16, 2020.

1. Paul Cohen

Paul Cohen Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Does anybody have a guide for what AI parameters you can tweak in the car upgrades.ini file?

ty in advance!

• Like Like x 1
  2. Salvatore Sirignano

Salvatore Sirignano Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The best thing is to have a look at one of the fabulous updates Keith Windsor made for the Formula Classics, the AI have been tweaked in the upgrade files to have more true to life performances, unreliability etc. Here is the 1988 version.. :)
    Formula Classic 1988 Skins, Performance, Reliability AMS

3. Paul Cohen

Thanks, I'll give that a shot.

4. Paul Cohen

Not much success there.

Does anyone know if changing the AI difficulty settings inside a mode takes effect or you need to go all the way back out to the mode selection, change the AI settings, then go back in for them to take effect?

For example, if I set AI at 70/medium, then go into a single race, then change the AI to 105/medium it still seems to be set at 70 (and vice versa). The change only happens if I go all the way back out to the main menu, change the AI setting them go back into race mode.

Seems kind of silly to let you change the AI settings inside the mode, and they have no effect? Or do I need to make sure I Restart Race every time? I was sure I did but will check again.

rFactor2 doesn't seem to have this issue.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2020