USB compatibility and braking issues

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Gary carmichael, Jan 1, 2022.

1. Gary carmichael

Gary carmichael New Member

I am new to Automobilista 2 so I don’t know if this question has been asked before. I have just purchased a laptop with 3 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-A ports and a USB-C port. I have found that I cannot configure/calibrate my wheel (Logitech G29) and pedals (Fanatec V3) in game through the ports on the laptop. I have found a workable solution as I have a hub running from the USB-C port for hdmi, it also has a USB-A port, I’m assuming it’s USB 2. Anyway, if I stick my Drivehub hub onto this and connect the wheel and pedals like I did on my old PS4, then I can calibrate the wheels and pedals in game. The only problem I have found with this method is that so far I have tried four track and car combinations, and on each track, on one particular corner, I don’t get any brakes, even though I’m pressing down hard on the pedal. The tracks I’ve tried are Brands Hatch (no brakes on the final corner, Clearways) Kyalami (no brakes on the first corner) Oulton Park (no brakes at the 2nd chicane) and Interlagos (no brakes at turn 4). I’d appreciate any suggestions that may help, or if there is anywhere I can find any info about USB compatibility.

Thanks

2. Gary carmichael

So, I’ve been looking at potential fixes. It looks like it’s an AMS2 issue, or should I say Project Cars. Anyway, I have seen some videos about throwing away the profile folder in documents. Also configuring the mappings, I’ve tried this several times and it keeps telling me that there’s an input from more than one source, so it won’t change the mapping. I’ve also tried to create a custom wheel, as I have a G29 wheel and fanatec v3 pedals. Nothing has worked so far. I can calibrate the wheel, but the pedals just aren’t recognised. In addition I’ve also tried disabling the Steam input in the controller settings in Steam. As a last resort I’m trying a reinstall, but I don’t think this is going to work.

The pedals and wheel work just fine on AC, ACC and Raceroom. I really wanted to use AMS2 so I’m a little bit miffed that this is the only sim I can’t get to work.

3. Gary carmichael

I’ve solved the issue now. Pedals are now working fine. I reinstalled AMS2, disabled the Steam overlay and Steam controllers, went into the game and configured the wheel and pedals, then I was able to calibrate the wheel and pedals successfully. I calibrated the pedals twice and all now works fine.

• Like Like x 3