USB Pedals not working

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by marcosmanulak, Jul 17, 2021.

1. marcosmanulak

marcosmanulak New Member

Hi. I put hall sensors and made my G29 pedals work through USB and not the Wheel base anymore.

When I went to the game for the first time, the pedals were recognized in the Input Device list as JOY 2 (OSH is for OpenSim hardware)

[​IMG]

But when I'm trying to set the pedals to their functions nothing happens, I press the pedals and none of them works, since the message that it appears when you click in some input to press the button/axis is not dissapearing, that means, the game is not detecting the input of any of the pedals.

I tried changing USB ports but nothing happens, disconnected the steering wheel and started with just the pedals only and nothing, deactive Stam input, check files, even change the order of input devices (Joy 1: Pedals, Joy 2: G29) and again: nothing.

So, I went to rFactor and set the controls there, and changed the pedal lines in the Controller file into AMS looking at the same file in rFactor and went again to the game and now appears like this

[​IMG]

But, If I press the pedals, there's no change in the red bars.

If I plug a third Joystick, I can set everything within the joystick inputs, it only happens with the pedals.

It only happens in AMS 1, I can use the pedals in rFactor, GSCE, AC, and even GTR2, so I dont think is a device problem.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2021
  2. marcosmanulak

marcosmanulak New Member

Somebody? Help please

3. CrimsonEminence

CrimsonEminence Administrator Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

I have no idea, why AMS doesn't recognize your pedals, but have you tried a software, that "fakes" another control device as a workaround? I know, it's an annoying way of doing things, of course.

This YTer here uses some programs to fake a joystick for the very old sim revs for example, maybe something might be helpful of these?

Timestamp 1:25 the wheel setup starts and he is mentioning various programs. (The video itself is quite interesting IMO, btw.)

4. marcosmanulak

marcosmanulak New Member

Thanks for answering. I tried VJoy to make a virtual joystick for the pedals and works good.. It has a little bit of saturation sometimes but nothing to worry about! Thanks you!

• Like Like x 1