1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

v-sync / unconstrained frames issue.

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by psone, Jan 2, 2021.

1. psone

psone Guest

Has anyone else noticed that regardless of graphics settings or whether vsync is enabled or not their frame rate is not exceeding the current refresh rate of their monitor?

No combination of settings currently will allow me to render more frames than refresh rate of the monitor. This is a new issue for me, I can't be completely certain but I think everything was working as expected on the last build.

Would appreciate if someone else could test for me and let me know how they get on.

2. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The latest update forced vsync on for when you’re not on track (I assume to prevent your gpu spinning it’s wheels too hard), but I’m assuming that it should revert to vsync off when you’re driving, if that’s what you’ve set.

3. psone

psone Guest

Ok, thanks for the reply.

On my end its not functioning as intended then. Vsync off but still locked to to refresh rate on track. Would be good if someone else could test for me as a sanity check.

4. tpw

tpw Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi @psone , did a few more tests for you.
    I run a 42" 1080p TV at 60Hz, and the game holds rock solid 60fps with vsync enabled.
    I just tried disabling vsync and got 110-115fps on track, and 60fps in the menu screens

Are you running RTSS? Make sure you haven't got framerate limiting on in that. Might also be worth checking you don't have vsync enabled in your Nvidia control panel, if you are using an Nvidia card.

• Like Like x 1
  5. psone

psone Guest

@tpw

hey, thanks for taking the time to check and reply. I'm on AMD at the moment and I'm 99% sure I have everything nescessary for vsync to work as expected both in game and at the driver level.

I'll try doing a clean driver install just to see if there's something weird going on there. It's a bit of a non issue really and I'm switching back to nvidia this week. Just curious if there's a bug there or if its on my end only. Feedback from any other AMD user would be great also.