1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Varjo Aero VR game crashing

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Wheelie man, May 11, 2023.

1. Wheelie man

Wheelie man New Member AMS2 Club Member

Hello… I’ve been having issues with running Varjo Aero with AMS2 for quite some time and I would like to nail down the issue and resolve it. Initially the game will start but randomly it will crash and provide a “bug report” to send in. The temporary fix is to restart the PC but there are times that this doesn’t resolve it. I have noticed (though these aren’t the only time it happens) that crashes occur is when I pause the game to go into options or some other settings and then return or take off my headset and resume again. I’m not sure if the bug report that up after the game crashes goes anywhere but would love a stable game play at this point.

PC specs
    Windows 10 - latest version
    Processor: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X3D (up to date firmware)
    Graphics Card: RTX 4080 (up to date software/firmware)
    Motherboard: B450 Tomahawk MAX (up to date firmware)
    Ram: 32GB

2. 2ndLastJedi

2ndLastJedi Free speech matters AMS2 Club Member

Do you have any mods installed? I notice similar behavior on my G2 but only in the game version i installed mods in. Try a fresh install without mods if so.

3. Wheelie man

Wheelie man New Member AMS2 Club Member

Thanks for the response but no mods installed.

4. Leynad

Leynad Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Just to narrow it down a bit... I use a Pimax 8KX, RTX 4080 with i5 13600 on a Gigabyte board and doesn't have this issue. I also use a fresh-installed Windows 11 and all VR-issues I had happened with Windows 10. From cross-reading several Windows-11-threads it seems, that people having no issues with 11, so looks like the more stable gaming-platform by now.

5. Schumiiii

Schumiiii New Member

I have the same problem... after taking my pc 5 times to the technician and changing all the components of my pc I still have the same problem my technical specification is as follows:
    Ryzen 9 5900X
    RTX 4080
    X570S Tomahawk Max Wifi Board
    RAM 32 GB
    HP Reberg G2 VR Glasses
    The funny thing is that in Assetto Corsa for the moment it does not happen to me, I hope someone can help us.
    Thanks