1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR - Helmet Cam Performance Impact

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by mist3rf0ur, Apr 26, 2020.

1. mist3rf0ur

mist3rf0ur Member

In VR, even with Helmet depth of field turned off, switching the view from normal cockpit to helmet view has a major performance impact. The same graphics settings used in normal cockpit view that work perfect lead to a stuttery mess with tons of dropped frames. This was something that was present in Project Cars 2 as well.

I truly hope that the performance impact in helmet view can somehow be corrected to have the same or similar performance to normal cockpit view. I really like the helmet as it adds a ton to immersion both visually and with the audio.

2. Baz_Lightyear

Baz_Lightyear New Member

I totally agree. Using an i9900K, 32Gb RAM and a GTX 1080Ti which runs the sim fantastically but my choice of view is the helmet cam and it's a complete slideshow.
    Happened across your post and was really hoping for thread full of support but nothing. Hope this is able to be sorted.

3. dburne

dburne New Member

Dumb newcomer question here - what is difference between helmet view and cockpit view?
    Why would one prefer one over the other?

I assume the first view I have when dropped into the car is cockpit view?