1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR Performance MEGA Thread?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by John Caetano, Apr 2, 2020.

1. John Caetano

John Caetano Member

Hey all. With EA released haven't seen a dedicated VR thread so hoping we can start tracking one maybe? Figure people can post their specs, and what settings they found most beneficial and also most taxing so that Reiza can look into it.

Specs:
    RTX 2070 using a Valve Index and 64 GM of RAM. (Full specs in signature)

Before I start, a good video that explains different graphical settings can be found here:

The Good:
    -I found a tip that you can run VR with no monitor mirror. This caused a huge bump in FPS, add "-vrnomirror" to the launch parameters. The one challenge with this is you have to use your wheels D-Pad or Keyboard. SECRET TIP!: When launching a mode to start the race etc, use the SHIFT key under the ENTER key on your keyboard. It's the only key i found to work at the moment and no where to map this from what i can tell.
    -Disabling AA provides a huge bump in FPS, however it causes shimmers on edges.
    -Disabling shadows causes huge bump in FPS. Settings on MED through ULTRA don't seem to make a huge difference in both FPS nor looks.
    -

The Bad:
    -Reducing screen resolution didn't seem to help, but it does impact the menus resolution which isn't a big deal. Did you notice the same?
    -Both Shadows and AA is very taxing on FPS. I believe we need to look at optimization from Reiza. No matter what AA options used it resulted in the same, however everything except MSAA looked bad. PLEASE Reiza, can you look at why AA is so FPS intensive?
    -Some tracks need optimization in some areas. You will see noticeable FPS drops in sections of the track where others run just fine. I'm sure this is part of the WIP agenda for EA...
    -Night time driving just isn't possible at the moment. Even at 80hz and everything low i cannot run proper reprojection at 40FPS. Anyone have any tips here?

Current Overall Status:
    Right now I'm running a solid 80hz (i could not get a stable 90hz) with the following settings during day time racing only. Night time is a different story. Rain during the day also doesn't seem to impact much:
    - AA OFF
    - Shadows MED (i just can't play with this off but if you can huge FPS booster)
    - Particles/Density MED
    - Everything else set to LOW
    -SS/Resolution 1.0/100%

Anyone have any other tips to try or different settings they felt run well or extremely bad that need to be looked at?

• Like Like x 2
  2. Wolfgang Herold

Wolfgang Herold I Like Liveries :) AMS2 Club Member

nice, but i think you startet the 70tiest thread with the same subject :whistle: