1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

VR: Sitting in Middle of Car

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Garnet, Dec 13, 2021.

1. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Normally when I start the session I'm sitting in the drivers seat, but this last time I'm sitting on the transmission tunnel, just a bit behind the driver.

I've tried Recentering VR, but it just slightly adjusts me, still in the middle of the car.

I think I have a button mapped for Recentering VR, but looked around and don't see where it is.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More context needed. What VR headset are you using? I ask this primarily to determine what kind of tracking you use.

In case of headsets with just 3DOF tracking, you should "in theory" always end up centered after recentering. It's usually when we get to the more common 6DOF tracked headsets that things get more complicated. Examples: Roomscale VR using SteamVR lighthouse tracking, Windows Mixed Reality, Meta Quest 2 using Air Linkā€¦

3. Garnet

Garnet New Member

I'm using a HP G2 and it's always worked fine, in this sim and several others. I always start the headset before entering any sim to make sure I get 6DOF and not 3DOF (which can happen if I don't start the headset first).
    I noticed there was an AMS2 update as I started the session, so wondered if that was the cause of it.
    Thanks.

4. Johngrim64

Johngrim64 Member AMS2 Club Member

Make sure your in cockpit view if you cycle the view while in vr the second view is in the middle of the car , it sounds like you could accidentally be in that view .I also map seat forward back down for a bit of fine tuning if needed

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Excellent, that sounds like it, I seem to recall the viewpoint jumping over to the middle.

How do I toggle View? And move seat?

Thanks.

6. Roar McRipHelmet

Roar McRipHelmet Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

From memory, I think the control assignment for toggle view is called "Cycle Camera". And I think move seat is called "Adjust Seat Position" or something similar, spread across 4 assignments for UP/Down/Forward/Backward

7. Garnet

Garnet New Member

That did it, thanks very much for your help.
    In case anyone reads in the future:
    Options-->Controls-->Edit Assignments-->Camera View-->Cycle Camera

• Like Like x 1