1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's the maximum?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by PeterParsons, Aug 7, 2021.

1. PeterParsons

PeterParsons New Member

Actually I know that most PCs cannot handle that load as of now and most tracks won't accomodate that number so my question is what's the maximum of cars will it have in game though?

• Like Like x 1
  2. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I think it is 32 in AMS2. Would be nice if they bumped it up a bit but I think some areas need optimisation or something like FSR or DLSS added to get extra fps with extra cars

• Like Like x 1
  3. AlexBfromG

AlexBfromG Well-Known Member

yeah, i think its 32 max, which is more than enough tbh. IMSA or WEC dont even have 32 car grids at this point. and you have to say, that AMS2 is probably the best optimized sim racing out there, it has great graphics and it runs very very well even in rain at night with full grids.

4. oez

oez Mayor of Long Beach AMS2 Club Member

Uno races used to have up to 60 cars :D. Would be neat to be able to simulate that and big multiclass races. However we’d probably run into all kinds of resource bottlenecks.

5. CorvusCorax

CorvusCorax Active Member AMS2 Club Member

The Nürburgring 24 Hours says guten tag. Even the pandemic depleted 2020 race had 97 cars start - 2019 had 155, which is about normal for recent non-pandemic years.

I wonder what sort of PC spec you'd need to run that many AI... :eek:

• Like Like x 1
  6. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I have previously run 104 AI in rf2 on my old GTX 1080 ti without any major issues. I have also been able to run maximum AI in ACC and it has still been reasonable FPS in rain at night. AMS 2 runs pretty well but like other sims the start can tank frame rates and night and rain. The big killer though in ams2 is replays the FPS really drop a lot in that.
    I get the worst fps in sims. In something like Wolfenstein Youngblood with all settings cranked up, ray tracing on and DLSS with ultra quality I average about 250fps. Same with Doom eternal.