Wheel Won't Center/Calibrate

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Garnet, Feb 4, 2022.

1. Garnet

Garnet New Member

After working fine for the past few months my steering suddenly became uncalibrated.

When I go to Calibration I can get it to either center but not turn at the same rate as the in-sim wheel, or get the physical and in-sim wheel to turn at the same rate but the wheel won't be centered.

My Thrustmaster T500rs is set to 900* on the computer (as it always has) and hasn't had any updates. I've done the usual reboot computer etc. but keep running into the same problem.

Any suggestions? Thanks.

2. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

try setting the wheel to 1080 degrees. I used to have a T500 and all help said to use 1080 degrees. worth a try at least?`

3. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Thanks, do you mean in the Thrustmaster settings? I'll try it, but I'm hesitant to do anything that might mess up my other sims.

4. Garnet

Garnet New Member

I've adjusted my wheel (Thrustmaster settings) to 1080, same problem.

I'm confused by the set up process: I turn the wheel all the way as directed. Then it says to turn to 90* but not how much. If I turn it a small amount to get to a 90* position then the rotation will only read like 350* or whatever, resulting in the in car wheel turning much more than the Thrustmaster. Or I can turn it till the reading gets to 1080, but that never lands on an even 90* position, so the Thrustmaster has to be turned something like 20* to go straight.

I can't get the Thrustmaster and in car wheel to align and rotate at the same rate. Any advice?

5. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

@Garnet Go back to calibration screen. Go full lock to the right. Press save. Now turn slowly to the left until it says 900 or 1080 depending on the rotation you've set in the Thrustmaster driver. Press Save

Have fun racing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited: Feb 16, 2022
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Ettore

Ettore Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

The procedure is simple: turn all the way to the right. Click next. Bring the wheel back to center. Turn it to 90 degrees to the right. Click save.
    Your wheel will be sync'd correctly.

7. Garnet

Garnet New Member

Tried again and this time returning to center, then turning 90* ended up at 1080*, so I got alignment and equal rotation. Not sure why it did it this time and not before.
    Thanks.

• Like Like x 1