Where can I learn more about the cars?

Discussion in 'Automobilista - General Discussion' started by Jeff Scharpf, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Jeff Scharpf

Jeff Scharpf Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe a silly question, but the massive amount of cars is overwhelming to me. I understand the Brazilian stock cars, and the vintage formula cars.
    What is confusing is, for example, Formula VEE, Formula Reiza, Formula V10... are these simulating some real era in Formula 1, or are they fantasy cars? If so, how can I match car-to-year and go do some research?
    Is there any official list of what each car is representing?
    I'm willing to Google and read on my own, but I keep coming up with Youtube videos of people racing different cars, but not really explaining whether or not these are real or what they are representing.

2. Shriukan

Shriukan Touristenfahrten Community AMS2 Club Member

Best thing you can do is check the showroom. If you see a Reiza logo, it is a fictional car.

3. Gevatter

Gevatter The James May of Simracing AMS2 Club Member

There are no fantasy cars in AMS2 per se, but plenty of unlicenced ones and some that use a somewhat generic body shape from the era. Think of the Formula RR90 in Raceroom - it's recognizable as an early 1990s F1 car, but without being modeled after a specific make from that time.

Best to ask here or have a search in the forums, there has been some discussion about the exact years of some of the cars.

The ones you mentioned:
    F-Vee: Real Brazilian entry series, runs as Formula VW in Europe.
    F-Reiza: 2012/2013 Formula One car
    F-v10: Gen1 are 1997 F1 cars, Gen2 somewhere around 2001-2003

4. Jeff Scharpf

Oh thanks! I do recognize some of the cars but I'm not very knowledgeable on F1.

5. Tarmac Terrorist

Tarmac Terrorist Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi there, stumbled on this thread by mistake thinking i was in the AMS2 section. Anyway saw your post and found it interesting. I can hopefully help you out with a bit of info and history on at least one car, the Chevrolet Opala. This is a vid i made about it (the footage is from AMS2 but I believe this car is in orginal AMS). Anyway, thought you might find it interesting:

6. Kim

Kim Mr. Andersen in SIM AMS2 Club Member

7. Jeff Scharpf

Thanks Tarmac!
    Good video, and I gave that car a drive (the 1979 version), and have to say I love it. Reminds me of my teenage years, when we drove these types of cars all the time. :)