Will not launch Will not go past Video config

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by Thomas151, Apr 28, 2018.

1. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

AMS will not go past Video config through steam or desktop(see attachment), clicking ok even after ticking advanced settings will shut down the application, have tried clean install of drivers, all drivers are up to date.
    All other games work including rfactor 2, iracing, assetto corsa etc.

Windows 10 Home
    Asus 270G Motherboard
    Strix 1060 GPU
    CPU i7 - 7700
    Capture.PNG

2. Martin Vindis

Martin Vindis Member AMS2 Club Member

Try to delete the C:\Users\Thomas Molinari\Documents\Automobilista\Config.ini file

3. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

Hi martin,

I've tried that but comes back every time you start the game.

4. Domagoj Lovric

Domagoj Lovric Moderator Staff Member

Right click on Automobilista in Steam ->Browse local files.
    Now in expolorer window open folder: Support\DirectX\Install\
    Find the file: DXSETUP.exe, run that, restart pc and try then.

5. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

Tried that too!
    Did another complete reinstall today and still no luck

6. Domagoj Lovric

Well config screenshot above shows it's unable to find DirectX 9 compatible video driver.

Maybe you could try running DirectX install as an administrator (if itself doesn't ask for it) and then after installing DX, reinstall graphics card drivers.

7. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

Tried that as well, even rolled back the WHQL to a point where I knew it worked - Still nothing.

8. Domagoj Lovric

Don't know what to suggest. The error message on config application shows when vga doesn't support directx, which your card does support.
    Try some compatibility for config application.

Let us get some history on this; did the game ever work for you, if so when was that?

9. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

Tried that, nothing. I got the game November last year and worked no troubles. I started using a different sim for a month or so (in march), got back on ams and thats when it started showing this message. I've updated windows a few times in-between then, thinking its a Microsoft issue.

10. Gringo

Gringo Well-Known Member Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

Maybe try this to completely remove the existing driver. Then reinstall.

Display Driver Uninstaller Download version 17.0.8.6

I had this error in the early AMS days when I was patching my NV video driver (nvd3dum.dll) to enable LOD clamp. If I later updated the video driver and forgot about the patched nvd3dum.dll I was redirecting AMS to use... then the config tool would complain as above.

PS. Not as a solution but what happens if you search your system "C:\Windows\System32" for "
    nvd3dum.dll" (this is the 32bit version of NV d3d driver...nvd3dumx.dll is the 64bit version) and copy nvd3dum.dll directly to the AMS folder. Is it possible you have old versions of this driver file in other locations.

Last edited: May 11, 2018
  11. Thomas151

Thomas151 New Member

Sorry about the late reply here but I have it all sorted. I did try what you said Gringo, didn't work and I actually gave up on it. But since the latest major windows update the game works perfectly!

12. FlyinFinn2

FlyinFinn2 New Member

Hi,
    Sorry to write here, but I have similar problem. Windows 10 fully up to date, when I install and do a first run, all is good, but as soon I exit and try to run again, i get a black screen and nothing happens.
    Tried 3 times, clean installations deleting all ams files from the system (documents, etc).

Is very strange, i got no problems en any sim, only in ams (my favourite one...)

strange, is like... when no config files are created, all good, but when i run again with config files created, the sim donĀ“t launch.

also tried a clean install of drivers :(

MSI 1080Ti