1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Will there ever be a chance of custom car performance and reliability ever making a return?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by DepressedHertaFan, Jul 27, 2022.

1. DepressedHertaFan

DepressedHertaFan New Member

In Automobilista 1, you could set different performance and reliability characteristics for different skins. This lead to mods that had realistic differences between cars. However this seems to be missing in AMS 2. The only thing that makes modded drivers different in new mods is differences in their talent files. Thats all well and good for realistic results but because that doesn't affect the player, the player can win a race while their teammate finishes 24th provided they have their AI set at their level. This kinda takes away from singleplayer, as you are pretty much always aiming for wins and can't challenge yourself by picking a slow car. It would also add to career mode in the future. I do hope this feature makes a return. I don't like winning races in a Minardi.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 1
  2. TronLi

TronLi Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I didn't know AMS1 had so many impressive features! I agree this would be incredible in AMS2 and the devs probably do too. Let's see what they add in 1.4 and then we can continue this chat...

Qualifying format and points structure would be nice to customize as well...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. DaVeX

DaVeX AMSUnofficial Staff AMS2 Club Member

To be fair the so called "talents" in AMS1 are already a thing in AMS2....

Last edited: Jul 27, 2022
  4. DepressedHertaFan

Talents are. Car performance isn't.

5. Gabriel "Pai" Legnini

Gabriel "Pai" Legnini Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

IIRC, a skin per se could not carry different car perfomance in AMS1, you had to create a new car entry and apply new physics values. Or activate them via an upgrade programmed inside of a given car.

I think that the best way to solve the situation you are asking, is if there was some way to apply yourself some BoP, like adding kg or applying an air restrictor to your own car. Or handicapping yourself with a bad setup.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

You can always lower the turbo boost, lower the fuel map, or open the radiator to simulate having less hp than the other cars.

• Informative Informative x 2
  7. DepressedHertaFan

Helpful suggestions and that is something that could partially fill the hole in my heart left from the exclusion of the feature, but the feature I was talking about would 100% be better