1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

World Movement stuck at 0 ?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by JoKeR, Aug 21, 2020.

1. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi guys, I don't know if this has been discussed elsewere (tried to search but to no avail).
    I'm playing AMS2 in VR mode (because I use TrackIR) but I've found the world movement too shaky (My fov is 51). Going to Camera settings, I cannot move the slider from 0, it get stuck there. Is this by design?
    When running the game without VR support, I can change the slider, but then I don't have TrackIR support.
    Any help appreciated.
    Cheers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

This has been a long-standing issue since before 1.0. In order to be able to change world movement, start the game in non-VR mode, adjust world movement, exit the game and restart it in Steam VR mode again. For some reason the setting does carry over from non-VR mode but will always show as 0 in VR mode.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. Shovas

Shovas Member

Is this still true? Because in non-VR mode it's called Head Movement whereas in VR mode it's called World Movement.

In non-VR mode I set it to 100 and I like it (the horizon is stable) then I restarted in VR mode (for trackir use) and the only option I see is *World* Movement, it's zero and disabled, and I don't like (horizon is unstable/shakes).

4. XTRMNTR2K

XTRMNTR2K I WANNA GO FAST! AMS2 Club Member

In non-VR mode you get a choice between 'legacy mode' and the new default head movement option. In VR Mode there is only the legacy option, which is why it's called world movement.

IIRC with legacy mode enabled, the setting does the opposite, so you may need to switch the values around. And in order to get the desired setting for VR mode you need to adjust it in non-VR mode first (the setting actually carries over, despite it being greyed out and seemingly set to 0 in VR mode).

In short: Set it to 'legacy on' in non-VR mode and adjust the world movement as desired, then run the game in VR mode to see if it works.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Shovas

Shovas Member

Excellent! That's it! Reminds me of just the way old school sims World Movement works (0 locks to car but 1% stabilizes the horizon).

Thank you!

• Like Like x 1
  6. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

I'm still eager to discover a way to lock to horizon no matter the track, using VR.
    For instance, if someone discovers how to do a lap on Bathurst where the camera is locked to the horizon during the whole lap, PLEASE inform. Note: only valid in VR mode (I use trackIr).
    Cheers.

7. Shovas

Shovas Member

Try my solution. That's effectively what it's doing.

8. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Hi Shovas, thanks for your help. Believe me, few seconds after reading your tip I tried putting the legacy mode on and the movement at 1%, but when using trackir in VR mode it didn't help. I'm looking for a solution for months, now. What happens is that some parts of the track are locked to horizon, while others are locked to car. I suspect this is a serious bug related to track sections, but I've reported it long ago (since Bathurst came out) and no one seems to have noticed it besides me.
    No matter what you do with the slider or legacy mode on/off, the game "mixes" the modes on different track segments (i.e. from start to second curve it's locked to horizon, then it gets locked to car, then later to horizon, car again, etc.) Just do a lap on Bathurst and keep an eye on the horizon. At reduced fovs this is really a game destroyer.

9. Shovas

Shovas Member

So, say you were going up an incline at Bathurst, do you want the angle to be towards the actual horizon which might mean you're looking *through* the steering wheel instead of the windshield?

Because I remember having that issue in GTR2 and World Movement 1% (not zero) was the only way I could reduce/eliminate it.

Just trying to understand what type of issue you're having.

10. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

My issue is that I want the horizon to be stable at all times (or move just a tiny little bit, because with low fovs, any micro movement is exacerbated - and in RL our eyes compensate for the shifting anyway).

I don't mind if I'm on a slope and the car moves making me to "look thru wheel/roof", because as I have trackir, it's just a matter to look slightly up or down to compensate. That's the way I do in every other sim, and in AMS2 I don't recall having places where this occurs so heavily, so it's not an issue.

What's totally wrong (no matter if 0%, 1% or whatever) is that the behavior is track/section dependent, and it definitely shouldn't. So, on some track sections, it happens that you're locked to horizon, then suddenly the section changes and you're locked to car and horizon shakes like crazy, and then again it get's steady, and so on... on longer sessions you get dizzy.

11. Shovas

Shovas Member

Oh wow I see what you're saying at Bathurst with the Ginetta P1. It's fine on level ground but once you're going up or down a slope it's like it loses the ability to stabilize and it's back to crazy shaking.

It seems to have to do with a range of degrees up or down that it can stabilize and outside of that it doesn't even try.

Makes me want to cry... :(

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. JoKeR

JoKeR Member

Mind you this is going for ages, and not a word about it (beside my rants, lol). At least I'm not alone anymore. :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

Just a slightly weird thing to this camera shake/world mov discussion.
    Im mandatory using cockpit view (current in F-Reiza) and a non-legacy + head mov 99 setting.
    This setting keeps the horizon reasonably stable while the chassis are just doing its thing(bouncing).:confused:

By coincident I suddenly got another view (pic) where you sit in front of the cockpit.
    Suddenly both the bouncing and the horizon was so wacky and exaggered that the driving became more or less impossible(IMO).
    So I guess now that at least some of the guys who consider the camera bouncing/horizon thing in AMS 2 so bad that they have left (or consider to) - that they dont use cockpit view.
    Just my 20 cent :D

view.jpg

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1