1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Would electric cars be easy to model?

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by Bizarre Formula, Nov 30, 2021.

1. Bizarre Formula

Bizarre Formula Well-Known Member

Hey guys, while playing the update the other night a few friends and I were talking about VW in ams2 and whether that might lead to Veyron/Chiron potentially coming in the street supercars dlc (which would be awesome), but that made me think about the Rimac concept cars. and even Extreme-e vehicles.

As I understand it, the Rimac, for example has a computer onboard that records everything the motors do, I remember seeing a video of a rundown of the telemetry after Richard Hammond binned one. Would that make it simpler to make an accurate representation in the sim were that information to be shared? Rimac are still a relatively small company so they might be open to talks about it as well.

It's just a thought, I have no love of electric cars, but the way the Rimac uses 4 independent motors for the wheels always intruiged me and it would certainly be something different.

What do you guys think?