Xbox one controller not working

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by cheeze_tartz, Mar 10, 2016.

1. cheeze_tartz

cheeze_tartz New Member

Anyone having this problem? Whenever i plug my Xbox One controller AMS does not recognize any inputs from it.

2. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

Same here. The game is unplayable with an Xbox One controller. Whether wireless or plugged in the controller stops you from typing characters from the keyboard. If you unplug the controller you can type, but then as soon as you plug it in again when on the track the game runs really slow. This is also affecting rFactor 1.

3. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

We are already aware of this issue.

4. Ben Melluish

Ben Melluish New Member AMS2 Club Member

Okay after a few hours I've found a workaround. It seems to be driver related. If you download the old driver here and install it the game works fine again:

Xbox One Controller PC Drivers Are Now Out For Download, Courtesy of Major Nelson

I haven't dare unplug it again, but I suspect that if I do and then reconnect it Windows may grab the latest driver again and overwrite it. You can probably bust open the EXE and manually select the driver's INF from Device Manager.

I'll test it tomorrow after work. For now though, let's go racing !

• Like Like x 1
  5. cheeze_tartz

cheeze_tartz New Member

I can't even run the game now. All i get is a Black screen and when i click the program it stops responding :( I haven't been able to enjoy this game with a controller yet. Still waiting for the controller compatibility to work lol

6. sherpa25

sherpa25 Active Member AMS2 Club Member

What settings are you guys using in AMS for your X360 controller? In the US now and no wheel :(