Xbox One pad=keyboard not working

Discussion in 'Automobilista - Help & Support' started by alicio, Mar 19, 2016.

1. alicio

alicio New Member AMS2 Club Member

Excuse my english, it's not very accurate.

Hello.

If i have Xbox One pad connected (Windows 10 here), keyboard is not working in Automobilista.

I use a Driving Force GT for AMS (works great) but i always have the Microsoft pad for my other games.

If i disconnect it, everything works perfect and i can use keyboard as always. Not being able of using "Esc" key makes impossible bypass the first video, type your name in the profile or going out of the session.

Ir order to do that i must close AMS by "ctrl+alt+del" and closing it in task manager, resulting that, in Steam, AMS appears "executing" and not being able of launching it again or any other game. If i close steam and open it again, it keeps tellling that is executing. I need to restart my PC as the onlye solution.

In Race Deparment some tell that uninstalling a windows concrete update resolves the problem. Did it, and it works, but the problem is here again even Windows didn't install the update again.

Sorry for the long post. Any help will be extremely aprecciate. Thanks a lot.

2. alicio

Any idea of what the problem could be?.

Thanks in advance.

3. Thiago Izequiel

Thiago Izequiel Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Hi!
    I'm copying and pasting a topic from Steam foruns, related to this issue:
    --------------------
    Hi there,

We are getting reports of people running Windows 10 and Xbox One controllers are losing Keyboard Input.

From what we understand this is due to a recent Windows 10 update KB3140743. And is a problem for many other games too, having seen reports in other forums.

If you have this problem you may wish to try removing this update.

There is a tutorial here on Reddit how to remove it.
    https://nh.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/48qs4y/fix_update_kb3139907_and_cumulative_update/

• Like Like x 1
  4. alicio

I really apreciate the help but i already uninstall that update and problem is still there. Didn't have this problem in any other game so far.

Thanks in any case.

5. alicio

These problem is solved, don't know if it was a problem of mine or Reiza did something, but is solved. Thanks if is the case.