1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

You have been disconnected...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by Luca Antinori, Aug 12, 2020.

1. Luca Antinori

Luca Antinori New Member AMS2 Club Member

I am having this problem. I have just tried to race online but I get systematically disconnected...

I have tried checking the firewall, making sure AMS 2 is allowed and to shut off the firewall completely but it is not working...

Automobilista 2 12_08_2020 07_22_31.png

Can anybody suggest anything?
    Thanks

2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont think it has something to do with AMS2.
    I have also got it 2 times today and every time my firewall told me it was some Steam thing.
    And when I restarted I saw a message about Steam upd.
    Conclusion: When Steam want to upd they just cut the connection without warning.

ByTheWay: Reiza cant do much about it because its Steam thats the boss :rolleyes:

disconnection.jpg

3. Marius H

Marius H Internal Beta Tester Staff Member AMS2 Club Member

It happens sometimes to me too. Just 0,0000001% of the time.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  4. Luca Antinori

I had never played AMS 2 online until yesterday. I tried to join a race with RaceDepartment but I couldn't get in at all. I was the only one to have this issue, all the rest could join the race fine.
    I didn't get any message from steam, and also I can play ACC, AC and RRR3 just fine and Steam doesn't seem to mind.
    I have tried other servers but I could't and still can't access the multiplayer sessions.
    Still looking into it...

5. Marius H

Ah, ****. It happened in a CopaFusca race at Spielberg. Random weather. or so. I am first.. 4 laps later.. You're disconnected.:rolleyes: It always happens when I am first.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. BrunoB

Im not so sure anymore. Because a message in Windows event viewer does say something that actually could be related to AMS2.:whistle:

7. Marius H

tell us :O

8. Luca Antinori

I found out what the problem was and it was my fault: I had added a line in Stream Start options and I had forgotten about it... I have deleted that and I can enter races now... :oops:

9. BrunoB

Thats probably a special feature of AMS2:D

10. xoph

xoph New Member AMS2 Club Member

It happens to me all the time, and if not, then the computer shuts off completely and restarts (with neither the cpu (63-66C) nor the gpu (78-79C max) being stressed out). And either happens only in AMS2, not in AC, ACC, RRE. So it´s AMS2, definitely.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Roy Niessink

Roy Niessink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

What happens to u all the time? Surely there is a conflict somewhere between your system and ams2, dont straightaway point to just ams2 because you never had the issue with other sims, i never seen this issue in this way mentioned by others, or experienced it myself.
    this topic was about disconnect issues in 2020, you would be better of reporting your issues in a new topic.

12. neal

neal Active Member AMS2 Club Member

I've had this several times too but only IIRC whilst in a MP lobby, not in SP. I had it several times last friday when joining an RD race. I turned off other devices on my internal network, I rebooted the game PC and fortunately had a race without a disconnection, but no idea if those measures made any difference. There seems to be no observable reason why this is happening.

13. xoph

xoph New Member AMS2 Club Member

starting the game from a desktop shortcut outside of steam, and not from inside steam, helped, at least until now.

14. Petrolhead

Petrolhead Member AMS2 Club Member

Sorry to resurect but.......

This is happening to me when I try to connect to Justrace lobbies. Sometimes it takes 2-4 refreshed to actually see the lobby and then a couple of attemps to join.

I contected Justrace and this was their reply:
    That is an AMS2 bug. The lobby list changes each time you refresh.
    I reported it almost a year ago. They improved it but did not fix it. A legacy of PCars