1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Feature Request Thread...

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - General Discussion' started by VFX Pro, Jul 3, 2020.

1. azaris

azaris Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Better indicator for when the car is bottoming out.

Especially on the bumpier tracks with elevation changes, it is easy to bottom out with some of the prototypes/formula cars and enter an unexpected spin even at low cornering speeds. If the player does not realise what is happening, they might think the car is broken or something is wrong with their inputs. It is possible to see this from the telemetry HUD display by monitoring the ride height, but driving with the full telemetry HUD on is too distracting to be practical. Real cars give very strong sensation when the car bottoms out and this could be somehow replicated by a combination of sound, visual and FFB signals.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

More visible and / or physical suspension travel on Formula classic cars, especially on G1 and G2, like here:
    1987 at Silverstone:

1987 at Rio:

1987 at Spa

• Like Like x 1
  3. F1Aussie

F1Aussie Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I would like to see the ability to change difficulty settings between sessions as there is always inconsistencies in AI speed from track to track and session to session.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sektor

Sektor Member

Extended setup tutorial.

• Like Like x 3
  5. BartZ

BartZ Active Member AMS2 Club Member

Fixed water and oil temps. And fixed engine damage as a result.

6. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Not sure if its been mentioned before!
    I would like the option to have more time 'on the grid'. Currently once the start button is pressed you only have a couple of seconds before the green light. This is such a rush when you are trying to adjust view (in VR) make sure the car is started etc... besides it takes a few moments to 'put your game face' on in preperation for the start.

Anyway my two cents worth!

• Agree Agree x 7
  7. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

I think the solution is to allow those various adjustments prior to hitting start. Start = Ready, so there is no need for a delay.

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Yes an option in the settings for the amount of time on the grid: 3 sec, 10, sec, 60sec... something like that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Hi All,

Okay so this is my day two with Automobilista 2. I am looking for realism and the overall racing experience and good VR support.
    I have come from the dark side (iRacing) because I was bored to tears with no offline racing option.
    In my short time with AS2 I have bounced between 'geez this is cool' to 'what the F**k!' and okay I have read that AS2 it is a work in progress and I get it...so I hope it will be a good sim 'in time'.

Anyhow, I would like to put a few more wtf moments out there to see where people are at with them or even if this is not the way AS2 wants to go.
    1. No Flags? in an offline race there is was no yellow, black, blue, white or even checkered flag. After a 30 lap race, there was nothing! I have read other forums regarding this issue, but people are saying it is working in single race offline. Is this the case? I had flags set to ON in the settings but have never seen a flag over several offline single races.

2. Auto pit 'pick me up/tractor beam' WTH? I felt like a 5 year old playing the G rated atari slot machine when this first got me! Sorry but wth is this about? Firstly, it doesn't do the task properly! It threw me into my pit crew sideways, then took me out of my pit and bounced me and the car off the pit lane wall, then dropped me at the end so fast, that I suffered more damage (hit the wall) before I even had control. Has this been brought up before? Surely a setting to turn off the 'tractor beam' has to be brought in?

3. I love the progressive weather option. Thats a great idea however, if I set the race up to have some rain partway into the race I cannot select between hard/soft slicks to begin within my option for choice of tyres there is only the 'according to weather' that will swap me from slicks to WW tyres. Shouldn't there be an option to customize during the race so I can start on slicks (with my choice of compound) and then change to other tyres if the weather calls for it.

4. Tyre traction does not seem to improve as tyres get hot. Anyone else noticed the slip factor does not change regardless of how hot the tyres are?

Maybe these things have already been put on the table, which would be great, but if not I hope some discussion can come about regarding them.
    I guess I am looking for an all-round racing experience (without the tractor beam)!

Fish

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  10. Marc Collins

Marc Collins Internal Tester AMS2 Club Member

You should play AMS. No joke--it is a finished product. AMS 2 is much more exciting and will eventually be superior, but is very much WIP for many essential aspects of racing (as opposed to hot lapping).

11. alink

alink Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Wet tires should have a shiny surface
    rvintage.jpg
    Many things are reflecting on a wet track except the race cars
    ss194937.jpg

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Hi Marc, I have to respectfully disagree with what you are saying here. If a simmer just wants to jump into a car of their choice, hit the 'go' button and see how fast they can go around a circuit ie. 'hotlapping' then AMS2 works (to a point).

My suggestion would be for an option in the setup for 'Realism = Arcade" or "Realism=Simulation". This way players could select 'arcade' if they don't want to be too concerned with vehicle setup or race tactics and just want to get into a car as quickly as possible, select a track and go hotlapping. Of course the 'arcade' option would use the tractor beam so the player need not to handle any aspect of pitting.

However, if one is looking for a 'start to finish' racing experience (which includes pit efficiency, in-race vehicle tactics, compliance with race rules/restrictions etc then AMS2 is far from finished. In some areas ie. the pit tractor beam, I respectfully say that it is laughable as the tractor beam picked my car up and proceeded to bounce me off the wall causing vehicle damage as I exited my pit! Hardly a feature of a 'finished product', don't you think?

In the early 1980's, I remember playing an arcade game that had a similar feature where the car was picked and moved around without driver control. This feature probably was suitable in 1982 but not in 2020. Unless, the folks at AMS2 want the game to move in the 'arcade game' direction and if they do that is fine, AMS 2 wont be for me.
    I believe that if the folks developing this AMS2 do want to capture more of the market they should aim for an overall experience and have a setting option for people who want to just hotlap with an arcade experience.

On the other hand a more comprehensive 'simulation' setting would exclude the tractor beam so the simmer would need to enter and exit the pit properly, safely and according to the rules of the
    particular track they are on.
    Other inclusions could be the use of a proper flag system (just as in real racing and not just in the hud)

My choice of in-race tactics including could be improved including selecting different compounds etc.
    There are a few other quirks that are appearing as I spend more time on AMS 2. I see from previous forums there is much debate about the predictability and the exaggerated slipperiness of the driver vehicle when compared to the AI. Yes I also have seen AI pull away from me effortlessly as I sit on the edge of a slide, so I guess I don't have to add to the conversation as this seems (from what I have read) to be a limitation of the physics engine. Hopefully this will be corrected as the game edges closer to a finished product.

Anyway I hope the folks with the ability provide some much needed improvements to the peripherals of AMS2 as I am looking forward to see what eventuates with this sim.

Keep up the good work!
    Fish

13. Kolysion

Kolysion BANNED BANNED

in AMS 1 we can choose left or right wheel side, so I guess it can be implemented in AMS 2

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Aus67

Aus67 New Member

Yes that would be a good option!

15. LibranRabbit

LibranRabbit Member

Louder in car audio, I use cockpit and would like to have a lot louder engine sound. Outside sound to switch for cockpit.

16. matias918

matias918 New Member

its in the roadmap activate the TrackiR support, the engine have it. or anyone have a workaround to enable it?
    upload_2020-10-25_22-7-33.png

• Like Like x 1
  17. deadly

deadly Well-Known Member

there is this option when you set up your pit strategy in garage. there, you can choose which tyres shall be changed. dunno if it really works.:whistle:
    unfortunately, there is no such option when fiddling around with your strategy during race.

18. Apex

Apex Active Member

While I do not own AMS, I sadly agree that AMS 2 comes across as a rather unfinished product in many ways. I load it up occasionally for testing and hotlapping, but not for actual racing. There are just too many issues with handling, AI and aesthetics in my opinion.

I don't mind much though. I knew that when I bought it as I'd already had a test&refund session a few days prior. The title has great potential and I like the idea of supporting a small, dedicated dev team with some audacity and attitude.

Ah well, Rome wasn't built in a day, and all that.

• Like Like x 1
  19. RAF2

RAF2 New Member

Hey!

Updated to the latest version, got the GT3 & GT4 cars, really enjoying the game even more and logging more and more time within it.

Few requests, though:

1) Ability to have the HUD pedals widget independently placed on the screen, within any custom HUD - preferrably a fully customizable one, like in AC - instead of having it only on the telemetry HUD which is too distracting sometimes.

2) The car categories selection's highlight could have a better contrast. Sometimes it is hard to quickly see it against a dark background.

3) The scene contrast at early morning/dusk/dawn. It is too harsh and pronounced, while the bright areas are almost washed out in white, the shadow areas are, well, too dark. There could have some light bouncing or at least some shadows recovery to get back the lost details. Sometimes it is hard to drive on track segments that are under shadows. I kinda like the way ACC handles the lighting under these conditions, we're still able to distinguish the details even on high contrast scenarios.

And for last, but not least, congratulations to the Reiza team that are making huge leaps towards a nicer game on each update iteration.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ToMythTo

ToMythTo The Hero We Need But Not Deserved

Want to map actions to buttons by press time as in the ACC.
    ABS and TC Can also be done within cockpit as with GT cars.