1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A.I. crashing into me frequently

Discussion in 'Automobilista 2 - Help & Support' started by JoshOz, Oct 23, 2020.

1. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Hi everyone,
    Just thought I would check if this is a problem for other users. I seem to notice that the A.I. collides with me more than any other sim I play. It's extremely frustrating because they don't seem to respect racing rules. For example when racing in the wet at the start they just run into the back of me right from the green light. I have A.I. strength on 90 and aggression on 30. Has anyone found a solution to this problem? Is it a noted issue that Reiza will fix? Any thoughts would be appreciated.
    Thanks,
    JoshOz.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. BrunoB

BrunoB TT mode tifosi BANNED

I dont use the AI bots because their un-Intelligence is too obvious and frustrating.
    Your only chance to get at least some kind of "racing" against these scripted bots is to change your own track behaviour according to their behaviour.
    Because they are unable to change theirs. :rolleyes:

3. Steve clark

Steve clark New Member

Hi everyone,I find that ai very slow to get off the line,beginning of race,( I don't qualify)I start at the back,and before first corner I'm in ninth place ,after first lap in lead.then ai seem to Just drive round.but if you touch them ,thay definitely touch u back.ai on 100, 56 aggression. keep up good work guys loving it

4. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Yes BrunoB it is frustrating, hence my message and question for other players. When you say you don't use A.I. bots do you mean you only hot lap or play online multiplayer? The reason I ask is because online is almost non-existent each time I check.

5. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Hi Steve,
    I also find A.I. slow at the start and I can usually make up places quick at the first corner. The whole A.I. racing is quite uneven I find. Like in my example when it's wet. I really hope Reiza look at mastering A.I. I'd actually be more satisfied with really good A.I. and more options as to how they behave than online racing. I try to drive properly and try not to crash into A.I. but they seem to love crashing into me.

6. BrunoB

OK sorry I should have qualified my saying more precise.
    Im solely haunting others laptimes on AMS2s Time Trial LBs :D
    This LB racing was something I got accustomed to in Raceroom because there were too many low skilled morons on Racerooms rated servers.
    Yeah and furthermore those rated servers were almost ghost towns in the series I am interested in (formula classes).
    So if you dont want to again and again be overruled by the AI bots un-intelligent behaviour then check AMS2s TT LBs out - maybe it is something for you:)

7. Steve clark

Steve clark New Member

thay do crash into you at any time,i agree(raceroom had same problem ,about a yr ago) hopefully reiza sort.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

BrunoB, I have tried the Time Trial section in AMS2 and quite like it. Just curious, what is LB short for?
    For me high quality A.I. is probably the one thing I want from AMS2 right now before new cars and tracks. I like new content but it’s not much good to me if I can’t have good clean A.I. races. I’d be interested to hear your and others' opinion on this.

• Like Like x 1
  9. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

I race an AI race every now and then, I don't have the trouble of AI driving into the back of my car, sometimes they hit me in the corners, but it isn't annoying to me, I mostly drive open-wheelers AI strength 100-110 Aggression 50-70,
    I start last or middle of the field, and try to overtake the whole field in as less as possible laps.
    The AI of the newest cars need some extra AI adjusments, and can't be used as a benchmark.

LB = Leader-Board

10. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Thanks for your response SaxOhare. So maybe it is related to certain cars. I have been trying out the new DTMs and the BMW Procar quite a bit. Maybe it’s not as bad as I think it is but I think I just get frustrated when I get hit because it ruins the experience for me. Starting last is certainly one way to prevent being hit from behind at the start. Haha. Also thank for the clarification of LB.

Last edited: Oct 25, 2020
  11. SaxOhare

SaxOhare Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Those are good examples of cars who need further AI calibration, because they just entered the game.
    Perhaps someone can give a hint on good balanced AI tin-top class, I like the F-Classic Classes

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. BrunoB

Hehe obviously I have not much useable experience about how to get around the AI bots "stupidity".
    Because I dont want to waste my time learning to obey the behaviour of some simple scripted algoritms wrongly named "AI".:rolleyes:
    The only thing I look forward to is further experiments with "real" AI in more racing sims/games.

ByTheWay: Im refering to the research in socalled neural AI - like the devs behind the MC game MotoGP are trying. Because at least potientially this could end up as some real intelligent AI:)

13. F_B

F_B Well-Known Member AMS2 Club Member

Yes, I mean…we’re in 2020 and still AI in many racing sims is not better than 25 years ago. I wonder when this will change.

14. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

YES! Why are sim racing titles still suffering from poor A.I.? That said I seem to have quite successful A.I. races in Assetto Corsa. Not perfect but reasonably clean racing. I’m still hopeful we will see significant improvements with the A.I. in AMS2 as Reiza continue to provide updates.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2020
  15. pavig

pavig Member

The car track combinations used in the championships seem to have well tuned AI. If you can make it through the first few corners while they're bunched up they seem to race ok thereafter.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Well at least that sounds promising, pavig. I just did some races at Kyalami with the P1,2,3,4 cars and gee it can be frustrating. Every race I started in the middle of the pack and I got hit from behind. It's not like I sit there when the lights go green. I take off right away but it makes no difference. I even had an A.I. car hit me on the cool down lap.

17. BrunoB

Hahaha. I cant stop laughing. This is too funny.
    But maybe this AI bot was angry of you because of your behaviour against "it" in the race. :p:p
    Revenge I mean :rolleyes:

18. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

BrunoB, it is kind of funny, I must admit. The thing is it really happened, I wasn’t exaggerating. I wouldn’t mind so much if the A.I. was getting back at me for hitting it but I’m pretty sure that’s not the reason. ;)

19. JoshOz

JoshOz Member

Hey did you all see the AMS2 development update for October? There is a paragraph that states "intense A.I. development program". I was pleased to read this as I feared A.I. might get pushed back in favour of new content.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  20. BrunoB

October upd!:D
    But ok lets see if these bots will be behaving slightly less un-intelligent after october:rolleyes:

• Like Like x 1